Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

dueguard1

ROTT MAN 4 LIFE!!!
Has anyone here completed ATP's CRJ 7 DAY COURSE........
Recently spoke w/ an ASA recruiter and he stated this would easily improve my chances if showed I had some type of training..............Just trying to get myself an interview. Any takers??

How much is ATP charging for that type? It surely isn't an economical figure that would jive with your years of low regional pay.

My thoughts on the subject though is that regardless of whether you get the type or not, your STILL going to have to go thru gruond school on the airplane for whatever regional hires you.

Furthermore, you're not going to get hired into the left-seat with the type. You're still going to end up in the right-seat for who knows how long before upgrading. Then when you upgrade your STILL going to have to go thru that particular companies training program anyways.

So why would you want to spend multiple thousands of dollars, when they will pay for everything if they want you.

All your doing in this situation would be buying an interview, hoping you'd get hired. After that, the type is nearly useless.

Just my .02

Regional Jet Standards Certification

For the lower-time flight instructor or 135 pilot...

ATP’s Regional Jet Standards Certification program includes 20 hours of CRJ-200 FTD training, 6 days of CRJ-200 ground school, and a pre-arrival home study program on CRJ systems and FMS. The program concludes with an FTD checkride with a current Regional Airline pilot, and a certification of your performing up to Airline Transport Pilot standards in the CRJ-200 FTD.

7 Days $4,995

If this is what you are referring to, I'd have to say it looks like a waste of money. It doesn't appear to me that you would even get a type rating out of it, as useless as that would be anyway...but just looks like a fancy interview prep. Honestly, I don't see how it would help you get a chance for an interview since it won't even increase your total time, unless you do log flight training device as total time (a whole different argument and thread there).

There are a lot of pilots who make it thru interviews without having this program. Keep applying and updating to the regional(s) that you want to go to and save your money. Also look up the interview gouge for those regionals and see what type of device they use for their simulator evaluation. If they use something other than a CRJ FTD, it would be wiser to spend a few hundred dollars before the interview to get time in the same type of simulator you would use in the interview.

Maybe there are people here who have used this program and can tell you how well it helped. Did they get an interview call within say 2 weeks of placing this program on their resume?

Also along the lines of the type at low time, without an ATP certificate, you couldn't be PIC even with the type on your commercial certificate.

dueguard1 said:
Has anyone here completed ATP's CRJ 7 DAY COURSE........
Recently spoke w/ an ASA recruiter and he stated this would easily improve my chances if showed I had some type of training..............Just trying to get myself an interview. Any takers??

Why in the heck would you pay ATP $5,000 to teach you about the CRJ when you will be getting the training FOR FREE if you get hired at a CRJ airline?

Well.....The reason I was asking about the program is because I spoke to the Asst. Cheif and he explained how so many CFI's were washing out and ASA is now giving preference to those folks who have had Glass time or some sort of CRJ Sim experience

If you get hired into an ERJ, you'd have to unlearn all that stuff and start over, which may be harder than if you didn't do the CRJ training. Also, every CRJ operator a little differently with the callouts, profiles and flows.

Anyone that washes out from a regional probably deserved to.

It's not that hard. If your IFR skills are so sucky that you can't pass an FO check, then you NEED TO BE A CFII and maybe a friehgt dog until you MASTER ENOUGH IFR skills to DESERVE a regional job.

Quit taking up valuable cockpit space pretending to be a real pilot if you are that incompetent.

I don't think you should spend that much on what they are going to give you.

As for getting placed in an ERJ with ASA I'm not sure that would happen. To my knowledge they only fly the CRJ.
And for 100LL... Again! I believe his question has nothing to do with his IFR skills. It has to do with the fact that the bulk of ASA interview is based on a sim ride in a CRJ sim. And the feeling is that if one is not accustom to a glass cockpit, one may have trouble doing things in a glass cockpit.

Don't be discourage Dueguard1. You can do it. The two Mr. Negatives, that can't read, got jobs with some company. You can also.

Find a G-1000 equipped C-172 and get 5000$ worth of time in it.

Or get some multi time and 135 minimums.

I have had plenty of friends get hired by the regonals and they had 0 glass time other than a G-430 equipped seminole.

If you were pissing money it wouldn't hurt but since your a CFI then most likely your poor. At least wait until you can get an interview. Hell I would forget all that stuff in 3 weeks if I didn't get to do it everyday.

Latest resources

Back