• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

All ASA pilots...please read!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Any chance the message could be posted for all to see?

Dear Pilots,

As we reported to you last Monday, our Joint Negotiating Committee (JNC) met all last week in Washington, D.C., to work with a private mediator and management’s negotiators in reaching an agreement on the remaining open issues. We had every expectation that we would be reporting either an agreement in hand or an abbreviated timeline for accomplishing that goal. Unfortunately, we have neither.

We did make good progress closing out the Scheduling Section and other related issues. However, late last week when we opened talks on the remaining economic items (e.g., compensation, per diem, insurance, and retirement), management’s negotiators requested significant financial concessions. These concessions, they contend, are necessary because our pilot operating costs are too high to win new flying. Without real cost reductions, management does not believe that ExpressJet can compete with airlines like Compass, GoJet, Eagle, and Pinnacle with lower pilot costs, not to mention our own sister Company— SkyWest Airlines.

We then spent the weekend trying to better comprehend the amount of concessions management sought and their analysis justifying such concessions. While we gained some clarity, management’s negotiators required more time to assess the situation themselves before they could provide us with concrete information. Therefore, the parties agreed to recess private mediation early Sunday afternoon.

Additionally, we asked Brad and Charlie to meet with the MEC on July 29-30 to discuss the request for concessions, and then begin talking to the line pilots about this situation.

We recognize that this is not the news anyone expected to hear from us, and we are confident that you have many questions that you want answered. Your MEC and negotiators feel the same way and will be working to garner that information and share with you what we can.

Fraternally,

Capt. David Nieuwenhuis Capt. Chris Grable
ASA Chairman XJT Chairman

The fact that they came to the table with nothing more that "we need to make some cuts" and couldn't give specific numbers means that this is nothing more than a scare tactic. Fact is, I'm not scared. I don't give a crap about this company. Your move, management.

Did same thing last contract. King Tutt & Scotty couldn't answer our pilots questions, remember that? Hold out, just stay with our current deal until they come begging for relief. Meantime, you need to fly safe, by the book, no favors, call one time for services, and have any needed repairs accomplished to your plane as is required by the FAA.

Just as I posted on the other site. NO.

And in case your didn't hear, RA at delta stated "We expect 2013 will be one of Delta's most profitable years ever". Hope he personally thanked every PNCL pilot for contributing.

And I DO NOT, I mean WILL NOT take a penny of a concession on my CBA or the LXJT CBA to help increase there profits!!!!

Thank you

Last edited:
Which current deal Freebrd? LASA OR LXJT? What if they go right the middle. A bit better for LASA and bit worse for LXJT. I hope you mean the current BETTER of the two

I meant the current contracts both groups are under, ASA with ours, XJT with theirs. For now until something better comes along. And yeah, hopefully the best of both, or better.

This won't be the same as "last time.". Mesaba pilots found out the hard way. Fact of the matter is 9E's concessionary deal is the new playing field of the DCI regionals. You will play ball or Delta will cut you out. I remember 9E's NO cries, STFD, no way, etc etc etc. Push comes to shove, all those NO voices voted 85% yes. I believing you too will vote yes once your job is on the line. There's no unity in airline pilot groups.

Latest resources

Back