• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

All ASA 50s going to MEM Base?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A winner of what? You do know that you are limited to 255 TOTAL 51+ seat Hoovers, right? So you have about 20 frames to spread around all the DCI carriers. Good luck with that.

I don't think that's how it was worded....

I don't think that's how it was worded....

FYI from DAL PWA

40. “Permitted aircraft type” means:

A: a propeller-driven aircraft configured with 70 or fewer passenger seats and with a maximum certificated gross takeoff weight in the United States of 70,000 or fewer pounds, and

B: a jet aircraft certificated for operation in the United States for 50 or fewer passenger seats and with a maximum certificated gross takeoff weight in the United States of 65,000 or fewer pounds, and

C: one of up to 255 jet aircraft configured with 51-70 passenger seats and certificated in the United States with a maximum gross takeoff weight of 86,000 pounds or less (“70-seat jets”), and

D: one of up to 120 jet aircraft configured with 71-76 passenger seats and certificated in the United States with a maximum gross takeoff weight of 86,000 pounds or less (“76-seat jets”). The number of 76-seat jets may be increased above 120 by three 76-seat jets for each aircraft above the number of aircraft in the baseline fleet operated by the Company (in service, undergoing maintenance and operational spares) as of October 30, 2008. The baseline fleet number will be 440+N, in which N is the number of aircraft (in service, undergoing maintenance and operational spares but not including permitted aircraft types) added to the Company’s baseline fleet from NWA. The number and type of all aircraft in the Company’s fleet on October 30, 2008 will be provided to the Association. The number of 70-seat jets plus 76-seat jets permitted by Section 1 B. 40. may not exceed 255.
Exception: Up to the 36 EMB-175s that were operated and/or ordered by Northwest prior to October 30, 2008 may continue to be operated with up to a maximum gross takeoff weight of 89,000 pounds.

Do you mean AT7's? ASA lost those, and instead (Colgan) Mesaba will fill in with cheaper pilots flying Dash-8-400s probably.

OYS

Uhh...Colgan Mesaba Q400 rates are right up there with ASA rates now with their new contract. They will exceed our 700 rates in the next couple years. Unless by cheaper you mean more junior pilots.

Uhh...Colgan Mesaba Q400 rates are right up there with ASA rates now with their new contract. They will exceed our 700 rates in the next couple years. Unless by cheaper you mean more junior pilots.

As you know ASA/XJT are in negotiations and as far as I can tell, we will not accept anything less than a raise. If Pinnacle can pay it's pilots what we're making now, then our company can do better, period. For every one of you that want to help the company by lowering the bar, there will be 10 of us saying "F That!"

As you know ASA/XJT are in negotiations and as far as I can tell, we will not accept anything less than a raise. If Pinnacle can pay it's pilots what we're making now, then our company can do better, period. For every one of you that want to help the company by lowering the bar, there will be 10 of us saying "F That!"

I'll watch you, everyone else, and myself lose a job before I take anything less.

Maybe not those cities, which could be replaced by Saabs that may not be leaving now, or Colgan (Mesaba) Dash-8-400s eventually. Just remember, a couple years ago Grand Rapids, Flint, Gulfport, and others only had RJs from Atlanta, and now there are some mainline flights on those routes today. This Summer Delta will throw an MD88 on the ATL to DSM route believe it or not. High oil will continue to pressure mainline management to make necessary changes, which may include parking more uneconomical 50 seaters.

OYS

Just a few years ago those cities you name and 'others' had only DC-9 and A320's from DTW, MEM and MSP. Delta is making the same mistake with 50 seat AC that NW did - initially. NW at first limited CRJ's to short flights too. It did not take them long to learn that is not how to make money with an RJ. It was no accident that NW had the longest scheduled RJ flights. You can fill a 50 seat AC up with business class fares - if it is a direct flight that eliminates a stop/AC change. MSP-GSO, MSP-PWM, DSM-DCA etc are good examples. Now some of those business passengers are using AMR and UAL through ORD. CRJ's make money on long, thin business routes. There aren't many of those routes but they bring high value customers with them. The 'Delta way' of using RJ's is all but guaranteed to loose money, and business, at todays fuel costs.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back