• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

All ASA 50s going to MEM Base?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Delta is sending Comair out the door. Don't think they won't do it to ASA as well if they want to.

,and replaced with 700's and 900's.
I could live with that!

Yeah, but they will come from other regionals, not ASA. And remember, there actually is a limit on the number of 70 or 76 seaters at DCI, but there is no limit on how many 50 seaters could be parked.

OYS

I seriously doubt you will see Maddogs and Airbuses replacing 50 seaters to VLD, ABY, CHA, DHN, GTR, etc....Keep dreaming.....:laugh:

Maybe not those cities, which could be replaced by Saabs that may not be leaving now, or Colgan (Mesaba) Dash-8-400s eventually. Just remember, a couple years ago Grand Rapids, Flint, Gulfport, and others only had RJs from Atlanta, and now there are some mainline flights on those routes today. This Summer Delta will throw an MD88 on the ATL to DSM route believe it or not. High oil will continue to pressure mainline management to make necessary changes, which may include parking more uneconomical 50 seaters.

OYS

Maybe not those cities, which could be replaced by Saabs that may not be leaving now, or Colgan (Mesaba) Dash-8-400s eventually. Just remember, a couple years ago Grand Rapids, Flint, Gulfport, and others only had RJs from Atlanta, and now there are some mainline flights on those routes today. This Summer Delta will throw an MD88 on the ATL to DSM route believe it or not. High oil will continue to pressure mainline management to make necessary changes, which may include parking more uneconomical 50 seaters.

OYS

Unless scope is "relaxed" I see some new codeshare agreements between Delta and ASA. Either way you look at it the 50 seaters are leaving and more 70+ seaters are coming.

OMG!!! I'm the 100,000th visitor!!!

AGAIN!!!!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back