• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Interviewed on the 14th and didn't get on - made it through the first day though. I think I may not have convinced them Alaska was my dream job. Especially the Captain on the 2nd day gave me the 3rd degree. I also don't think they liked I didn't have any letters from Alaska guys. I was set up a bit by them though since they gave me 3 days to get my stuff together.
Anyway, hopefully it will all work out for them and me.
Military, 6000TT

Geeitup - Sorry to hear it. Alaska does want to hear that they are the ONLY airline you want to work for, anything less will bounce you. In the recent past, the 2nd day interview was all about shaking you up on your day one answers and verifying that you are only wanting to work for Alaska. Lame in my opinion but if you want the job you have to play the game.

Good luck on future interviews Geeitup....Baja.

My friend was just hired and only interviewed on one day. Is that a fluke or because he was QX or has the process changed?

AS guys:

Anybody know what's going on with QX pilots? Haven't heard any of us QX capt's (other than above) being called for interviews lately. Also haven't heard of any FO's that have been called. What's the word for both Capt/FO's trying to get on?

Last edited:
They might be thinking it doesn't make sense to call up a QX guy and hire him only to throw him in training for the summer when he could be flying for QX. Just my two cents. How short is QX on pilots currently?

They might be thinking it doesn't make sense to call up a QX guy and hire him only to throw him in training for the summer when he could be flying for QX. Just my two cents. How short is QX on pilots currently?

Way short on Q200 guys and way fat on Q400. Go figure.

My friend was just hired and only interviewed on one day. Is that a fluke or because he was QX or has the process changed?

I'm guessing that he had his submissive behavior down pat.

I interviewed on the 14th as well, but no go. My heart wasn't really into it anyways as I had another offer already. Even though I tried my best to hide that, they got it out of me somehow I guess. The whole interview was psycological, trying to get into your head and see where your loyalty lies.:nuts: (not to mention I think I was the only one there that wasn't REALLY from Seattle).

Latest resources

Back