• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
got the offer of late august class date last week. anyone know any good crash pads since they dont pay for hotel in training?

got the offer of late august class date last week. anyone know any good crash pads since they dont pay for hotel in training?

Get used to the nickel and dimeing. Also, bring $36 bucks...that's what they charge you for your wings. I'd give you mine but they're somewhere in the landfill.

go to apartments.com or whatever your favorite one is. Apartments are fairly cheap (I guess it depends what you are use to) and I found some that would even do 4 month leases. When I got hired we were all told we were going to the MD80 so it took the mystery out of where we were going to be based. Made finding an apartment a lot easier.

Good luck

anyone know how the schedules are in ANC? I heard people hold lines fairly quickly there and the HR peeps said ANC was expanding. anyone holding 17 or 18 days off in ANC?

and also do ANC pilots ever see the continental US or do they just fly all over Alaska (and Hawaii in the fall)?

Since the 200 went away, ANC is going junior. Even more so than LAX I think. ANC does all of the arctic, S/E Alaska and ORD. With the next bid it is expanding by 20 something lines 1/1/08. Any ANC pilots confirm this.

All in the timing. I got to ANC in late JAN, and sat number last until this month. If I was staying in ANC (I'm not) come this Jan. I'd be in the middle of about 90 folks.

Never had a line or Open flying line, but it looks like that would change if I stayed.

ANC flying covers the State, some SE Alaska flying, and redeyes to SFO, DEN, ORD, PDX. I have been to King Salmon about 12 times this month.

Of course, in OCT the game changes as ANC is the ETOPS base for AS and the Hawaii flying will be done by ANC crews.

Days off? The good lines are in the 16-17 day off range, and maybe an open flying line will have 16. RSV lines 11 off.

Hope that is what you were looking for.

Latest resources

Back