Alaska vs....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yank McCobb said:
Even a marginally trained interviewer will see through your "desire" and indecision. Save everyone's time and money and stay at Comair.

LOL...you in HR? Cause that my friend is bull sh!t

Coming from a self-proclaimed commuter lifer, I'll consider the source.

I may not be in "HR", but I was a long-time interviewer at my company. You either fit or you don't, and the ones that don't are blatently obvious in very short order. Friend.

Yep long time Puddle jumper driver so sure my opinion would be suspect.

Tell ya what we can agree to disagree. I have seen some real knobs get hired at the Three airlines I have flown for and also seen a few complete idiots get hired at Majors.

actually i don't think yank is very far off on this one. I just went through the interview, and was questioned about commuting (i live in the midwest). Alaska has plenty of people interested, why hire someone that isn't 100% into them?

what do I know, i'm just a lever pushing, peanut eating monkey

Are you nuts? Frigging insane? You would have to be forced into leaving Comair for Alaska merely if the "announcment" makes your mind up for you?

Trust me, there is no comparison between working for Comair and Alaska. Plus being able to be based out West? What more could a pilot want in life?

If you have to ask questions about whether to go, perhaps you're not ready for the move.

Pay cut or not, I would surmise you'll never regret it getting hired with Alaska. No matter where you go you will have to take a paycut or face flying an RJ for the rest of your career (with a 600 hr wonderkid johnny new-hire in the right seat helping you when the sh$t hits the fan... yeah!). Sell your toys, mortgage your house, tighten the belt and make the move.

Oh, first you have to get hired. The hard part is yet to come.

Latest resources

Back