• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I thought a spike through the heart killed a vampire...and the silver bullet belonged to the LONE RANGER....? That's okay, I don't have one, either...but looking, looking....

verify

I have tried to verify that what has been said is true. So far that is not happening. Alaska says that UPAS is still required.

As for the " Silver bullet" item. Geez what a revelation. It was never UPAS concept to help you find a job with the participating carriers. It was a company sponsored deal so they did not have to deal with applicants they did not want to . Like Delta, without a rec letter from someone in there, you are behind the power curve.

The small point here is that you do not understand the system if you do not get what I am pointing out.

Fedex does not charge for applicants because they need the money or close the window because they are not hiring. They do not want the unsolicited resume applicants because they law requires that they track them.

If you are going to be involved in this game, know how it works.

Publisher,

Jacque Guilliams told me that Alaska will no longer be using UPAS, and to save my money as far as renewing...this was a couple of weeks ago at the DFW Air Inc. seminar...

RichO,

With the silver bullet, you have a good chance of getting a call. After that it's up to you to pass the sim. Pilots with over 6000 hours have failed, and pilots with just over the mins have passed. There's no magic number. Just pass the sim and fly well because you will talk about your performance durring phase II. If you get passed Phase I, your flight time shouldn't be a big issue from that point on. Basically your on your own after the phone call, and it sounds like that may not be until 2003.

Latest resources

Back