Alaska TA passes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Tentative Agreement Passes Membership Ratification

The Tentative Agreement reached last month has been ratified with 84.26% of the pilots who voted casting their ballot in favor of the new contract. A total of 1,264 pilots, or 95.4% of pilots eligible to vote, did so. The official ballot results are attached to this Update.

The MEC will immediately begin the process of implementing the new contract. Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) 09-05, found in the back of the new Collective Bargaining Agreement, provides a timeline for the implementation of our new work rules, especially those regarding monthly BBH and reserve line awards, training and scheduling. We will continue to keep you updated as changes are phased in and ask for your patience while we transition to our new CBA.

Your June 20th paycheck will reflect the pay increases from April 1st, and within the next 30 days, you will receive a separate check with your signing bonus.

Baja, haven't followed this one too closely. Good thing? Bad thing? How did you vote? Hope you are hanging in.

Well....Gore had more votes than Bush and Bush barely had more votes than Kerry. So I think you are rewriting history like Bush and Cheney are doing right now.

It IS amazing how people "conveniently" forget actual facts in order to make assertions, is't it?

Great quotes!

Thank you. Don't be scared. And try not to buy into the fearmongering on the ALPA board foisted upon the pilot group by people who have NO CLUE what they're talking about.

...I mean outsources the flying to Republitauquawest.

If I were you, I'd be more worried about:

I wouldn't be surprised if the merger is announced this afternoon....

...than outsourcing. In fact, one of my F/As on the last trip said she had Gregg Saretsky on the plane going to Mexico (since he's got two years of positive space passes with his golden parachute). Gregg likes to go to the aft galley to schmooze the F/As. They were plying him with booze and he admitted to them that the Company was in a hurry to get the contracts done.

Why?

The Air Tran acquisition, according to him, is a "done deal".

So, I'd be lobbying the MEC to urge the Merger Committee to warm up the Swingline so you can become an "instant Captain" in MCO or ATL.

Swingline, huh? Last time I checked ALPA merger policy handles mergers between 2 ALPA carriers.

P.S.- Great job voting yes on the TA, folks. :rolleyes: I guess what happened to your own rampers, Midwest rampers, and then their pilots can't happen to you? Lack of a scope clause only helps Mgt and Chabrickury!

I'm convinced this pilot group is filled with a bunch of dupes that can be molded and shaped with scare tactics. I guess we get to lean the hard way.

I would say its a good bet. If you are near the bottom at Alaska, put the bonus/raise into your personal furlough fund. I don't think you guys hung yourself. Just getting a little more cash for what may be inevitable. If you don't get furloughed, then congrats on the pay raise!

Oh My God! The end is near. We should have said no so we could negotiate for another 2-3 years at current book and hope to get the deal we just agreed to, at best.

Latest resources

Back