• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska TA passes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hooray! 95% of eligible voters participated. Looks like 100% of the naysayers on various webboards only make up 15% of the pilot group.

Tentative Agreement Passes Membership Ratification

The Tentative Agreement reached last month has been ratified with 84.26% of the pilots who voted casting their ballot in favor of the new contract. A total of 1,264 pilots, or 95.4% of pilots eligible to vote, did so. The official ballot results are attached to this Update.

The MEC will immediately begin the process of implementing the new contract. Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) 09-05, found in the back of the new Collective Bargaining Agreement, provides a timeline for the implementation of our new work rules, especially those regarding monthly BBH and reserve line awards, training and scheduling. We will continue to keep you updated as changes are phased in and ask for your patience while we transition to our new CBA.

Your June 20th paycheck will reflect the pay increases from April 1st, and within the next 30 days, you will receive a separate check with your signing bonus.

Hey, I give the 15% credit for trying. They've been dominating the Alaska ALPA webboard for the last two years. Maybe (just maybe) they'll get the message that they really are the MINORITY.

Fortunately, 85% of the pilots are smart enough to realize that a double digit percentage pay raise in this economic climate is a good deal. The overwhelming YES vote certainly qualifies as a landslide.

Just hope they don't outsource all our jobs and then that double digit pay raise will be great when we get laid off!

"Never take counsel of your fears." - Andrew Jackson
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself." - Franklin Delano Roosevelt

My interpretation of the recent webboard fearmongering is that it only worked on 15% of the pilot group.

Hey, I give the 15% credit for trying. They've been dominating the Alaska ALPA webboard for the last two years. Maybe (just maybe) they'll get the message that they really are the MINORITY.

Fortunately, 85% of the pilots are smart enough to realize that a double digit percentage pay raise in this economic climate is a good deal. The overwhelming YES vote certainly qualifies as a landslide.

Only time will tell if the "85%" are right. I hope so now that the majority have spoken. A great majority voted for W twice and look where we are now.

"Never take counsel of your fears." - Andrew Jackson
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself." - Franklin Delano Roosevelt

My interpretation of the recent webboard fearmongering is that it only worked on 15% of the pilot group.

Great quotes!

I'm going to add another one: "Peace for our time!" - Neville Chamberlain.

I'm glad you got your contract. It'll be great when AAG annexes the Sudetenland - oops, I mean outsources the flying to Republitauquawest.

Latest resources

Back