• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska TA is out. Pay Rates.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Check out my post on the first part of this thread. We are paid override for anything other than domestic flying which is defined as flights within the contiguous 48 states, Alaska, and Canada except Hawaii.
Thanks, here I thought we were going to get something and I guess we already had it. Also why the hell does Canada not count as international, what did we get when we gave that one up???

Does anyone know why we promote/encourage VSA?

From section 25: Eliminated the requirement for a pilot flying VSA to reach the monthly max before receiving the premium. All VSA flying will pay 150%

Is this a good thing? I don't know all the history behind VSA, but I would feel dirty doing it, even though it's in the contract. I think it's a travesty that we can't even ditch VSA with 60 folks on the street!

I don't begrudge someone wanting to do overtime, but VSA needs to be suspended, while we have guys and gals on the street.

Does anyone know why we promote/encourage VSA?

From section 25: Eliminated the requirement for a pilot flying VSA to reach the monthly max before receiving the premium. All VSA flying will pay 150%

Is this a good thing? I don't know all the history behind VSA, but I would feel dirty doing it, even though it's in the contract. I think it's a travesty that we can't even ditch VSA with 60 folks on the street!

No one with a soul "should" fly VSA when we have guys on the street and during contract negotiations, period.

VSA could be a good thing if you need extra cash, assuming everything is going well; ie. no furloughs, we are growing, singing cumbaya with company, etc.

Having said that, you are absoutely right. The NC should have put a clause in the contract to the effect of "no VSA when we have folks on furlough". Just vote "NO"!

How to vote

For non-Alaska types, VSA is our version of time and a half.

I think it's good to have options like this. And I don't think you remove a whole provision of a 4-year contract/TA because guys are out on furlough for an undetermined amount of time. That would be short-sighted in my opinion. However, it would have been great to see a restriction put in place that said "no VSA while any pilot is on involuntary furlough." (And for the record, I've never done VSA.)

On the signing bonus, I need more details--"up to $13,500 for most pilots." Also furloughees should get a slice of that upon their return to work.

With regard to the TA at large, I'm not sure how I'll vote. I'll go to a road show and listen before making a final decision.

What I have been hearing all along from our mec was that this was going to be a better deal for the fo's. A 12 year capt gets around a $18 hr increase while a 7 year fo gets a $15 hr increase. The reason I use the 7 yr fo is because they were the ones that took the 34.3% cut under Kasher. The reason this is f'ed up is because of the less than 12 year capt rates. The industry average difference between a 12yr capt and 7 year capt is between $6 and $7. In this ta it is $18, 3 times the discrepancy of industry average. We do not have any 7 yr capts and won't anytime soon. The less than 12 year capt rates are really nothing more than for basing the fo rates off of them. The way the rates fall off a cliff from 11 years and below is basically fu@#ing the fo's once again. I am going to go to the roadshow before I totally make up my mind on how to vote. However, it is going to be an uphill battle to get me to vote for this!

Ouch, those pay rates suck. Not even close to pre-Kasher, and looking at those FO rates I guess CAL isn't the only place with a B scale. Agreeing to these rates isn't going to help our negotiations one bit, but I guess to each and his own.....

Latest resources

Back