• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska returns to Bellingham

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
HAHAHAH! Everyone I know around here, both for business and pleasure flies Southwest. This is because Alaska SUCKS. Thanks for the laugh though.

As one who lives in Seattle and flies Alaska very regularly, I've been very happy with their service. Southwest is fine for what they do, but given the choice between a three-hopper to Florida on SWA, or a nonstop on Alaska, it's a pretty easy decision. I'd also rather support a local airline than send my money to Texas.

I'm from the northwest, and I agree with you. When it comes to northwest passengers, they will fly Alaska Air over other airilnes with similar prices. It is the only area in the entire country where residents truly support local businesses.

That definitely applies to flights out of PDX and SEA, but what you fail to realize (and it makes all the difference in the world) is that 90% of the passengers out of Bellingham are not from the pacific northwest; they're Canadians. Bellingham and the local area only have about 75,000 residents, but Victoria and Vancouver, BC together have over 2.5 million residents and that is what has been supporting Allegiant's ability to have an entire base in BLI and offer multiple flights per day.

Canadians will happily drive an hour to BLI to avoid the international taxes. The same can't be said about residents of Seattle who can easily fly out of SEA with no extra taxes.

Those Canadians have no loyalty to Alaska Airlines at all. And when Allegiant can offer more flights at lower prices, the Canadians will happily fly on them.

Alaska Air might be able to fill one 737 with northwest pax, but they will not take most business away from ALGT.

Have to disagree with the Northwest loyalty. I live up here in Bellingham. Just had a tax accountant friend fly to SAN on, yes you guessed it, Alligiant. Another friend is a doctor that drives to SEA and flies on Southwest. I don't know anyone that flies Alaska anymore.

Alaska is a fine company to ride on. I've never flown on Allegiant. Southwest employees are very nice but the riffraff/screaming baby percentage on Southwest is extremely high versus Alaska.

There are no questions about "my house" that can't be answered by 30 years of arbitrated contracts under a no-strike clause. Obviously, you didn't have a clue about any of that since you mostly talk out your a$$.

But if you're goal is to finish your career at $110 an hour with no retirement, have at it. Just be aware you're taking the entire profession down with you.

So if fact YOU are responsible for what happens in your house! That is the point I have been trying to make and you finally acknowledge that (sort of)! So what I do in my MD-80 should be of little consequence to you! Over and out!

Arguing_On_Internet_For_Loser_Retards_Only.jpg

Last edited:
But, I guess its OK because you "had to feed your family."

This is the second time you posted that incomprehensibly glib cr@p!!

Of course that is why folks take those jobs. We are highly trained to do one thing. Keep metal from bending so it can be used again to haul the next load of melons! Those skills don't easily transfer into another "well paying" career, or I would have left long ago.

You sir, have either never been furloughed or are just too thick to remember what it was like. (Probably Uncle Sam bought and paid for your training and then, when your time was up and they let you out of the WWI Army Air Core, you slipped straight into your current cushy job.) I, for one, am sick of pilots bashing each other for the sad state of affairs in our industry. We don't make the decisions. Blame management who made them and our current flaccid culture for not only accepting it all, but cheering it right along.

I am pro union all the way, but i recognize that events may compel anyone into working for less than the ideal in order to, yes here it comes, feed the family, not loose the house, etc,

Furthermore you compare someone working for a nonunion carrier to crossing the picket line!?? You must be a proponent of the national seniority list then? Last I checked, when I was furloughed, I was not aware that my taking another aviation job affected your bleeping # with ALPA in any way. This comparison is just twisted b*llsh!t, and you sir are an insensitive pompous a$$!

You must be loads of fun on the road. I bet there are many a txt message on your crew's phones conspiring of a way to loose you for the evening.

I hand delivered 2 Alaska Furloughee resumes to the Chief Pilot's office on March 2nd. I guess they don't agree with you..

When Alaska was 8 years old, they were flying Ford Trimotors and Lockheed Orion float planes.

Now, if you want to compare apples to apples, eight years AGO we were making $196 an hour. That was until non-Union lowballers like you, B6 and Virgin proved to management they could get airline pilots for $120 (B6), $95 (Virgin) and $110 (YOU) an hour.

Thanks ever so much for lowering the bar.

Latest resources

Back