• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I knew they were being phased out, I did not know this process was complete. Your other points are well taken. Thanks!

(3) There are no MD-80 rates on APC. Are they all gone now?

QUOTE]

Please don't take this as a slam...because it's not...however your question indicates to me that you haven't really been paying attention to Alaska as the MD80's have been gone for several years...again not a slam.

Be aware that there are A LOT of questions in the interview used to judge how much you know about Alaska. I remember being asked "name the 737 variants that Alaska flies", "name our latest destination?", "what is the 2010 plan?", "when did we start flying to the East Coast?", "name our east coast destinations", "name our Mexico beach destinations?"

It isn't necessary to get every question right because I didn't and I still got hired but I think you gain points the more you know.

Anyway, good luck.

Ok so it looks like SEA is the most senior base. What is the time line for FOs to hold SEA, and how long does it take to be a line holder in SEA as an FO?

You could probably hold Seattle within a year once December 2012 rolls around. 6 years is the junior line holder in Seattle right now.

Thankyou.

Huge growth coming our way..... 2000 by 2000; oh wait, 2000 has come and gone. Ok, 3000 by 3000 is the latest I've heard!

6 years

Ok so it looks like SEA is the most senior base. What is the time line for FOs to hold SEA, and how long does it take to be a line holder in SEA as an FO?

There were probably other replies down the thread, but I haven't been there yet. 6 years and counting for regular line holding in SEA. That should improve drastically, though without any further speed bumps.

There were probably other replies down the thread, but I haven't been there yet. 6 years and counting for regular line holding in SEA. That should improve drastically, though without any further speed bumps.

I would agree. I think to predict going forward it is more reasonable to subtract 3 years from the current as the last 3 years really just moved us backward and then forward to basically where everything was in 2008.

I think LAX/ANC as a new hire is to be expected with a line in ANC within a year maybe 2 years in LAX. PDX/SEA should be able to be held within a year of being hired with a 3 year time to hold a line.

It's been great to see the first of the new hires hit the line recently. I just hope things keep moving in this direction.

Good luck

Years! I am a 07 hire and have been in Seattle for 3 months. I expect to be here 7 years before I get a flying line.

I'm hearing that our senior pilot(s) (along with other greedy geezers too) were out in D.C. lobbying for the "fly 'till u die" rule.

I applied the last time the window was open and was eagerly waiting for this next window to open to apply again. But because of some family issues the next few months would not be a good time to leave for an interview and subsequent training if I am selected. But in 4-6 months I am sure things on the home front would be better to take the time for training (we all know it requires a clear mind and support from home). My question is that I hope the hiring continues, does Alaska plan to continue to hire this year and the next?

Latest resources

Back