• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska profit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
To smaller cities, yes, ones that can't handle a mainline sized plane. But taking over almost all flights between FAI and ANC? Really? Ouch. In good times Scope is supposed to get better, not worse. This last DL pilot contract tightened scope, and I guess I don't understand what happened with you guys.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Seems you don't understand much of what happens over here. Maybe you should stick to what you might know best....Delta. As far as FAI-ANC flights...who cares. Mainline flies FAI-SEA and Horizon will just feed to mainline in ANC. This results in more frequency leaving mainline to do other flying. Seems you like money losing routes with SEA-JNU and other west coast flying (as long as you are flying them). But that is not a good long range strategy. Good thing you are just a bus driver and not in charge of revenue.

Seems you don't understand much of what happens over here. Maybe you should stick to what you might know best....Delta. As far as FAI-ANC flights...who cares. Mainline flies FAI-SEA and Horizon will just feed to mainline in ANC. This results in more frequency leaving mainline to do other flying. Seems you like money losing routes with SEA-JNU and other west coast flying (as long as you are flying them). But that is not a good long range strategy. Good thing you are just a bus driver and not in charge of revenue.

Wow, looks like I struck a nerve, eh? Next time you try to compare revenue numbers, remember DL made $1.3 BILLION in one quarter last year. I have a feeling they know what's going on, and have plenty left over to try new routes. That means less of a monopoly for you guys, and that should make you nervous. And remember, your name is ALASKA Air, and the two largest cities within ALASKA will be flown by your props. But don't worry, your management can always throw jets back on there, probably SKW jets....

Bye Bye---General Lee

In 2 years I am going to bump this thread and guess what.. Crow tastes terrible. There are not enough gates in Sea for Dal to do much more then they are doing now. Cost structure... your getting slaughtered by us over here at this little cute airline. Really a 12th man flag and a 767... That will do it. Wait tell you get a look at a couple of our new cities.... You are gonna like. One hiccup in the economy and your web of chaos will throwing away cash again by the truck load. Have looked at AS's financials? Have you compared them to Dal's? Do you understand how many billions of $$$ you lost over the last decade. Another sleepless night biting my nails wondering how we are ever gonna make it

In 2 years I am going to bump this thread and guess what.. Crow tastes terrible. There are not enough gates in Sea for Dal to do much more then they are doing now. Cost structure... your getting slaughtered by us over here at this little cute airline. Really a 12th man flag and a 767... That will do it. Wait tell you get a look at a couple of our new cities.... You are gonna like. One hiccup in the economy and your web of chaos will throwing away cash again by the truck load. Have looked at AS's financials? Have you compared them to Dal's? Do you understand how many billions of $$$ you lost over the last decade. Another sleepless night biting my nails wondering how we are ever gonna make it

Wow, you must be sampling some of that weed out there... I hear someone may be negotiating for all the A gates. SEA wants more INTL flights, it means more $$$$ for the airport. Cost structure? When you make $1.3 billion in one quarter? Sounds like it's going great, with $2.7 billion for the year. Hiccups in the economy are blunted by fees. In the past there were very few fees, now they are commonplace. And, Consolidation will make the big 3 even stronger. Have I looked at your financials? Sure, your stock is high, and you made a modest profit, but not even close to DL's revenue making monster. And the last decade was tough, but since 09 DL has repaid debt at a HUGE rate, which just proves what you are now up against. A revenue giant. And your sleep patterns may not change, but that may not be the case with some of your bosses.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Wow, looks like I struck a nerve, eh? Next time you try to compare revenue numbers, remember DL made $1.3 BILLION in one quarter last year. I have a feeling they know what's going on, and have plenty left over to try new routes. That means less of a monopoly for you guys, and that should make you nervous. And remember, your name is ALASKA Air, and the two largest cities within ALASKA will be flown by your props. But don't worry, your management can always throw jets back on there, probably SKW jets....

Bye Bye---General Lee

How do you figure you struck a nerve when I was setting you straight? Oh wise Oracle, please tell me the name of the company Horizon is owned by? Then please tell me what name is stamped on the side of the aircraft. With those names, please tell me again if it would be inappropriate for Horizon to service Alaska. Can you tell me if its a better idea to fly lower cost, full Horizon flights with more frequency between FAI and ANC or half full 737s?

I will concede "your" fact that we are going to get killed by Delta in Alaska and the west coast. Right now Wall Street is destroying our stock value based on drastically reduced earnings. Or maybe not. Thanks for playing!

Bye bye!---Mamma

Answer key:
1) Alaska Air Group
2) Alaska Air Lines
3) No it would not.
4) No. It is not a good idea.

Bonus Round: There is plenty of business to go around for everyone and projected to only get better. I'm just a pilot that does my job and hopes to be doing it a few years down the road. I'm not management and they could care less what I think. They seek no validation from me nor I from them. I hope Delta has success because our profession needs everything it can get if we want to keep moving forward. I also hope we don't return to the days of the fare war and driving down of ticket prices because that has shown time and time again to impact our profession negatively.

DL will try and fail. Asian connections are good for everyone but Alaska has a special culture and brand loyalty that cannot be matched. It's about customer treatment and reliability - not miles. Mother Delta will never get that.

How do you figure you struck a nerve when I was setting you straight? Oh wise Oracle, please tell me the name of the company Horizon is owned by? Then please tell me what name is stamped on the side of the aircraft. With those names, please tell me again if it would be inappropriate for Horizon to service Alaska. Can you tell me if its a better idea to fly lower cost, full Horizon flights with more frequency between FAI and ANC or half full 737s?

I will concede "your" fact that we are going to get killed by Delta in Alaska and the west coast. Right now Wall Street is destroying our stock value based on drastically reduced earnings. Or maybe not. Thanks for playing!

Bye bye!---Mamma

Answer key:
1) Alaska Air Group
2) Alaska Air Lines
3) No it would not.
4) No. It is not a good idea.

Bonus Round: There is plenty of business to go around for everyone and projected to only get better. I'm just a pilot that does my job and hopes to be doing it a few years down the road. I'm not management and they could care less what I think. They seek no validation from me nor I from them. I hope Delta has success because our profession needs everything it can get if we want to keep moving forward. I also hope we don't return to the days of the fare war and driving down of ticket prices because that has shown time and time again to impact our profession negatively.

Whoa, slow down hoss. I'm glad AK owns Horizon, but it sux that most of the flights between the State of AK's two largest cities will be flown by props. Profits, good. Less mainline flying, bad. That is my point.

And it's great your stock is so high, that makes potential "friends" think twice about becoming more friendly. I don't want that personally, and if the guys at AA want to look at it, go for it. Internal growth is always better, and it looks like that is happening anyway now. Good.

Also, it's best when a pilot group attempts to bring up wages and tighten scope at the same time. In good financial times, that should be easier.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Sorry.. you are right. Dal will get all the A gates and I think concourse B, C, and D... And because you are so familiar you must know that we are talking about a gate gain of.. Ding ding ding.. oh three gates. It most likely will end up one or two. Looks like two more cute RJ's will be sitting out there soon. Since you seem to be a little slow on the uptake.. the gates Dal is negotiating for is all of the N and C. I hope that doesn't happen but you are right you are a revenue monster. There is a chance that flow of cash gives you the might to force something that just isn't right. In the meantime the PAJN dialogue is pretty funny.

Latest resources

Back