Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska pilots: who would you prefer buy you?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Let's see...

1) 2 ALPA carriers, merging an SLI with an actual arbitrator making the decision.
or
2) A force fed SLI from a CEO, after expressly consenting to arbitration.

I'm sure the Alaska MEC won't have any trubble picking a side.

Good point, because option 1, exactly how you stated it, worked out soooo well for US Air and America West, didn't it? :)

Bubba

Good point, because option 1, exactly how you stated it, worked out soooo well for US Air and America West, didn't it? :)

Bubba

You think option 2 will be better. Just wait until this is all said and done. Most if not all RSW fo's will be stagnant and the ones who grabbed the captain seats will get bounced from base to base as the AAI guys re-upgrade. The only way option one wouldn't be better would be if you guys pulled a US AIR. I'm not predicting how the SLI would have turned out in arbitration but I bet there would be less animosity.

You think option 2 will be better. Just wait until this is all said and done. Most if not all RSW fo's will be stagnant and the ones who grabbed the captain seats will get bounced from base to base as the AAI guys re-upgrade. The only way option one wouldn't be better would be if you guys pulled a US AIR. I'm not predicting how the SLI would have turned out in arbitration but I bet there would be less animosity.

Hey, all -I- said was that option 1, in the USAir/AWA case, turned into the biggest, ugliest, nastiest, worst-for-all-pilots in the entire country, cluster frack. And a bad example for other unions to act in the future. True enough?

Your statement that option 1 would've been better unless "[SWAPA] pulled a USAir" is an opinion, and one not shared by all. For one thing, AirTran ALPA had the exact same potential to "pull a USAir" as anyone else (if it had got that far). Some people (apparently including Gary Kelly) believe that AALPA was the party that was somewhat disingenuous in the negotiations, by stalling and then refusing to send out the first agreement for a vote, in an attempt to purposely run out the negotiation clock, to force an outcome that they thought would yield better results for them. You can't blame SWAPA for that.

Bubba

Hey, all -I- said was that option 1, in the USAir/AWA case, turned into the biggest, ugliest, nastiest, worst-for-all-pilots in the entire country, cluster frack. And a bad example for other unions to act in the future. True enough?

Your statement that option 1 would've been better unless "[SWAPA] pulled a USAir" is an opinion, and one not shared by all. For one thing, AirTran ALPA had the exact same potential to "pull a USAir" as anyone else (if it had got that far). Some people (apparently including Gary Kelly) believe that AALPA was the party that was somewhat disingenuous in the negotiations, by stalling and then refusing to send out the first agreement for a vote, in an attempt to purposely run out the negotiation clock, to force an outcome that they thought would yield better results for them. You can't blame SWAPA for that.

Bubba

Fair enough Bubba. I'm not sure we had the numbers to pull off a US Air trick. As far as AAI ALPA stalling we will have to disagree. The validity of SLI 1 depends upon your frame of reference. We will never agree on the fairness and the outcome of this mess. We will have to get over it and move on. I was simply stating that there will be more pain and animosity on both sides in the future.

Bubba

Bubba,

You don't endorse how the Easties' handled things there, do you? That had never happened before, and likely won't go unpunished. And guess what? They now want to do an arbitrated SLI with AA. Wow! I'd suggest to the APA that they check to see if the USAPA clowns have their fingers crossed behind their backs during any handshake.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Many similarities between USAPA and SWAPA. I think one of the reasons GK backed SWAPA so hard was a fear that they would pull a USAPA if they didn't get their way in Arbitration.

I've seen this arguement before about the SW FOs getting hosed, be the reality is the agreement just replaced our senior FO's with your CA's (they just changed places). I knew I wouldn't have been above the AAI Captains, so in reality where is the harm?

I've seen this arguement before about the SW FOs getting hosed, be the reality is the agreement just replaced our senior FO's with your CA's (they just changed places). I knew I wouldn't have been above the AAI Captains, so in reality where is the harm?

Never looked at it that way. Sounds better when you say it.

Bubba,

You don't endorse how the Easties' handled things there, do you? That had never happened before, and likely won't go unpunished. And guess what? They now want to do an arbitrated SLI with AA. Wow! I'd suggest to the APA that they check to see if the USAPA clowns have their fingers crossed behind their backs during any handshake.

Bye Bye---General Lee

No, of course I don't. That was the point of my sarcasm. While I don't spend as much energy as you on the subject (I'm not as big an FI guy as you in general), this is one of the things that you and I are in complete agreement on.

Bubba

Latest resources

Back