Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska offerers 80K to retire is it enough?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
VP of Flt ops new memo says they got 33 applications for the EO! Let's hope no more than 3 change their mind.

Is it 80 grand net? Meaning the buyout has been 'grossed-up' since it's going to be taxed at a supplemental rate?

Or is it 80 grand GROSS and then you pay uncle sam?

Is it 80 grand net? Meaning the buyout has been 'grossed-up' since it's going to be taxed at a supplemental rate?

Or is it 80 grand GROSS and then you pay uncle sam?

The company buys an annuity with the $80k. No taxes paid the way I understand it. Works out to about $500 per month for life depending on age.

Special MEC meeting called for tomorrow....Must have come to an agreement w/ CO re: reducing block hours. Sources say blocks down to 75 and an 80 cap. Couldn't get language for VSA - but things may have changed since yesterday. Let's hope so!!

Baja.

Update - As of 10:50a Sat the 25th: No reserves in Sea until 1500; 1 reserve in LAX @ noon and then 2 at 1700; Very few in ANC. CLASSIC!!

Last edited:
Must be short, I just got released for 8 hrs of rest so I can report later tonight and cover some SEA crew. Very short today.

Why do they have to have a mtg. to block to 75 with a 80 cap? The co. can do this themselves. They need no input from the union.

l like the new chief memo. We need help covering the flying this weekend and next so help us. Sign up for VSA. What a joke. Howbout we hire our guys back.

Latest resources

Back