Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
lumax said:
Here is an option:
CSA is ready to close L1 door, tell him/her to stand by.
Establish communications with ramp thru headset.
Release brakes.
Proceed with second walk around while on the clock.

Bill Ayer would thank you for that suggestion. You do the ramps job for them, enabling the company, and are out on time. I say do not release the brakes and get on the clock until we complete the second walk around and have closed the L1 door. I will not even get out of my seat to begin the walk around until they are completely ready to push. If they want to add more bags after we push, we should return to the gate to do another walk around. We need to show that we have no faith in these idiots. They will not ake a change for simple saftey sake. This management team is a complete embarassment.

lumax said:
Just realised that L1 door must be closed prior to brake release the above option will not work.
How about a pay adjustment form?

I didn't think about that either. I agree about the pay adjustment form. Good luck with that though. Or here is a novel idea. Have maintenance come out and do walk arounds again.

lumax said:
Just realised that L1 door must be closed prior to brake release the above option will not work.
How about a pay adjustment form?

No pay adjustment...try getting that if you do your end of the day walk around and have a problem that takes longer than 15 minutes. No pay. Grievance has been filed.

lumax said:
Here is an option:
CSA is ready to close L1 door, tell him/her to stand by.
Establish communications with ramp thru headset.
Release brakes.
Proceed with second walk around while on the clock.

Just curious, doesn't an A and P do the deicing at 121 operations? Wouldn't trusting the deicing to someone outside of the aircraft, be the same as trusting the ramp agents?

Down by us 135 low-lifes, we don't get an A and P operating the de-ice truck and we have to physically perform the "tactile" inspection.

Latest resources

Back