• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska Incident - You get what you pay for

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sounds like a good idea. There are a lot of folks who sholdnt breed. Except we do need rampers and other guys doing menial toil.

Flip Conroy said:
Yeah. Like the FO that missed this on the preflight. Or the entire crew that didn't know they had been hit by a ground vehicle.

What an irresponsible remark. We have no idea when the damage occurred. Preflights are usually done prior to baggage loading being completed. In many cases the jetway has been pulled back and the main cabin door is closed while the last bags are being loaded.

Sorry Flip but you get the idiot of the day award.

One thing about this incident is indisputable. The collision should have been reported as soon as it happened. $%#@ happens on the ramp. The replacement worker should have known his responsibilities.

Last edited:
Looks like Mr. Conroy is not a commercial pilot. Profile doesn't claim it, but he definitely can't claim to be one now.

Sooo...

Alaska Airlines likes you and your bags so much they hire these bozos that not only can't do the job, they hide problems....

I'll fly'em. With carry on only.

FlyBoeingJets said:
Sooo...

Alaska Airlines likes you and your bags so much they hire these bozos that not only can't do the job, they hide problems....

I'll fly'em. With carry on only.

Statements like that make me embarassed to be working for this corporation.....

I'm not embarassed...I'm pi$$ed...Can't wait to read the company spin on the incident in the company toliet paper! I truely wonder if this attention will really solve anything in this company or do we have to wait for another accident to occur before the Anglers actually do something...

We now have a "VP of Customer Experience"...Where was he when all this went down???

QXpeon said:
Statements like that make me embarassed to be working for this corporation.....

Seriously now,

I hope you guys get better rampers. Management may be learning that cutting too much yields problems, not savings.

I am just angry that our lives may be in the hands of goofball rampers.

I like the idea that the union came out with about doing a walk around after all doors are closed and ready to push. The only problem is I am not getting paid to do the rampers job. To solve this problem I will do my normal preflight when all doors, except L1, are closed and walk around is complete. Since this happens at departure time I guess we will be taking a 10 min. crew delay on every trip I fly. I will fly safe, I will NOT enable those idiots. Does anyone over there remember 261?

Here is an option:
CSA is ready to close L1 door, tell him/her to stand by.
Establish communications with ramp thru headset.
Release brakes.
Proceed with second walk around while on the clock.

Just realised that L1 door must be closed prior to brake release the above option will not work.
How about a pay adjustment form?

Latest resources

Back