• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You can rest assured they are looking for FB pages and aviation forums to get a sense of who you are. It is very competitive right now and anything the HR folks can use against you, they will.

I am sure most of us on the property right now couldn't get hired in this environment right now.

Speak for your self man !! I'm the best ever !!! I'm the Wiz and nobody beats me!! I'm the Wiz, I'm the Wiz....

What??????

It had to do with an answer he gave during his interview for an IP position. She thought he was a racist and HR wanted to immediately terminate the guy. He has been with the company for around 20 years.

Fortunately cooler heads prevailed and with TK's intervention, he is still with us.

Speak for your self man !! I'm the best ever !!! I'm the Wiz and nobody beats me!! I'm the Wiz, I'm the Wiz....

Wasn't there an ad campaign 15 years ago in New York? I think the guy was selling electronics and saying he was "The Wiz"?

Sorry for the sidebar.

Last edited:
Well, the ordeal is over. Got the call from HR today and crashed and burned. Maybe it was the hand-writing analysis or maybe the psych test showed I like to spend too much time in dark rooms by myself. I thought I did pretty good on the interview portion, but you never know how you stack up against the competition. Oh well, back to commuting to the desert and good ole useless airways. There's always next time.
OP

Sorry to hear that. Maybe next time. I've seen guys with silver bullets get hired there and then the next class a Skywest guy with no internal recs and who really wanted to fly for Southwest.

Sometimes it's just timing. A friend who flys for Alaska now, didn't get hired the first time he interviewed at our commuter. I wasn't able to sit in on the interview because something came up and the guy that took my place was a little, "strange." Next interview he got hired, upgraded, and on to Alaska.

Very much so. I just remember sitting in a hotel in Jamaica NY watching TV and some crazy guy selling crap saying he was the wiz. Maybe that is what the Seinfeld episode was based upon.

Not only is HR running the hiring show, but I heard a story yesterday about HR trying to fire one of our Capts. based on his check airman interview.

I heard the exact same story a couple months ago... "Tell us about a time where you had a difficult student..." Unfortunately he mentioned the students nationality and that got him into trouble.

I heard the exact same story a couple months ago... "Tell us about a time where you had a difficult student..." Unfortunately he mentioned the students nationality and that got him into trouble.

This must be the only airline in the world where you have to interview for different pilot duties. (check airman, instructor, etc.) Do you have to interview for upgrade too? haha. Just seems like HR is a bit out of control.

Latest resources

Back