• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well I got hired in 2005 with the worst handwriting and spelling ever. I think its just one last thing they can throw you out on if they are on the fence about you. But if they like you and want you they probably just laugh at what you had to say and how cheezy it was.

Ha, ha, I saw that letter and drawing hanging in an HR cubicle, I assumed it was their childs work; guess it was a pilot applicant!!

Well, the ordeal is over. Got the call from HR today and crashed and burned. Maybe it was the hand-writing analysis or maybe the psych test showed I like to spend too much time in dark rooms by myself. I thought I did pretty good on the interview portion, but you never know how you stack up against the competition. Oh well, back to commuting to the desert and good ole useless airways. There's always next time.
OP

Orion did you have an internal recomendation? I interviewed there in 2007. Passed the first interview phase-but not the second. Back then we all had to include a 3 page typed autobiography on our life in the interview packet.

I had 7 letters of rec which is probably the only reason I was called this early in the process. Overall it was a very positive experience and I'm glad I had the opportunity. Best of luck to those who get called.

I had 7 letters of rec which is probably the only reason I was called this early in the process. Overall it was a very positive experience and I'm glad I had the opportunity. Best of luck to those who get called.

7 letters and they did not hire you!! What the hell.. Guess HR is running the show cause I can't see pilots turning you down with That many guys going to bat for you ...

Not only is HR running the hiring show, but I heard a story yesterday about HR trying to fire one of our Capts. based on his check airman interview.

Well, the ordeal is over. Got the call from HR today and crashed and burned. Maybe it was the hand-writing analysis or maybe the psych test showed I like to spend too much time in dark rooms by myself. I thought I did pretty good on the interview portion, but you never know how you stack up against the competition. Oh well, back to commuting to the desert and good ole useless airways. There's always next time.
OP

I'm not sure blogging about the interview experience during the interview was particularly wise. You have to assume that the interviewers are reading these forums. From your profile they can figure out who you are.

I've heard the first 13 got hired on Wednesday.

You can rest assured they are looking for FB pages and aviation forums to get a sense of who you are. It is very competitive right now and anything the HR folks can use against you, they will.

I am sure most of us on the property right now couldn't get hired in this environment right now.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back