• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
3 of 16...tough cut. As long as you don't say something stupid to the CP, you're probably in!

3 of 16...tough cut. As long as you don't say something stupid to the CP, you're probably in!

I guess I wasn't very clear, out of my group of 4 of us that started, 3 advanced. Not sure how the other groups did.

[/While we were waiting for the interview, we had to write a one to two page paper about what led up to being here.]
This sound like it would be very similar to the information in a cover letter? Did they just give a blank piece of paper and a pencil?
With all the technology at our finger tips these days it seem like an odd way of gaining information on a canadidates background.

I don't think I have hand written a two page paper in 15 or 20 years. Plus I am the worst speller that I know!

Perhaps it is just a way to fill some down time. Was there any kind of math story problem work sheet (if it takes 2 guys 5hr to dig a ditch how long will it take 7 guys) or psychological evaluation like mention in some of 2006-7 gouges from when they last hired?

Best of luck with day 2. Thanks for sharing your experinces. There are a lot of us holding our breath for the Alaska phone call.

This sound like it would be very similar to the information in a cover letter? Did they just give a blank piece of paper and a pencil?
With all the technology at our finger tips these days it seem like an odd way of gaining information on a canadidates background.

I don't think I have hand written a two page paper in 15 or 20 years. Plus I am the worst speller that I know!.

Yes, it was a blank pad of paper and I felt the same way, hadn't written anything by hand that lengthy in a looong time. Psch test today, so far no mention of any math/technical questions.

Yes, it was a blank pad of paper and I felt the same way, hadn't written anything by hand that lengthy in a looong time. Psch test today, so far no mention of any math/technical questions.

Psych. Test!? When did they start that? First NO SIM check and now this? Odd. This used to be much different.

Well I got hired in 2005 with the worst handwriting and spelling ever. I think its just one last thing they can throw you out on if they are on the fence about you. But if they like you and want you they probably just laugh at what you had to say and how cheezy it was.

Latest resources

Back