• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This must be the only airline in the world where you have to interview for different pilot duties. (check airman, instructor, etc.) Do you have to interview for upgrade too? haha. Just seems like HR is a bit out of control.

Uhhhh...not really. At "my house" you also interview to be a check airman..

This must be the only airline in the world where you have to interview for different pilot duties. (check airman, instructor, etc.) Do you have to interview for upgrade too? haha. Just seems like HR is a bit out of control.
We have to interview? I was going to just show up and start teaching. Good thing I read about this first!

Joking aside, I was on the Second Floor Friday, and they said growth predictions were cut to 6%. (Read less hiring.)

We have to interview? I was going to just show up and start teaching. Good thing I read about this first!

Joking aside, I was on the Second Floor Friday, and they said growth predictions were cut to 6%. (Read less hiring.)

It's the unexpected age 63 attrition that could throw their hiring plans out the window. The smart ones will retire before the lump sum is calculated using the corporate bond rate vs. the treasury rate. The lump sum will be cut in half when the switch is made.

I know right...I long for the good ole days when it as assumed you could instruct just because you could fly and were squadron buddies with the check airman. <-----NOT!

Well, I don't see what HR has to do with hiring check airmen. Let the CPs and other check airmen figure that out.

This was my point exactly. Not so much that people shouldn't interview to be a check airman or instructor, but what on earth would HR possibly know about what makes a good check pilot? (or new-hire pilot for that matter...)

So is the interviewing complete? Have the the 16 vacancies been filled? Will interviewing resume after next bid. Whopping 8-10 interviews/month?

So is the interviewing complete? Have the the 16 vacancies been filled? Will interviewing resume after next bid. Whopping 8-10 interviews/month?

Only putting 36 through training until August then going to 60 more by year's end. Still getting furloughs through training and a Dec class for new hires. So, I guess there is no big rush now.

This was my point exactly. Not so much that people shouldn't interview to be a check airman or instructor, but what on earth would HR possibly know about what makes a good check pilot? (or new-hire pilot for that matter...)

Maybe - prevent someone with racist views from being put in a supervisory position?

Latest resources

Back