• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska - G.S. FIRED?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have no problem with CEO's and senior management making good money, as long as it doesn't come out of my pocket and my ability to feed my family.

Your statement is a complete contradiction. Did you see the video story on the JAL CEO. When the pilots and other workers took a pay cut, the JAL CEO took a pay cut.

Your statement says, you want to see the CEO take a raise when he furloughs or cuts pay and benefits.

When is everyone going to wake up!

What's the deal with our new boss Minicucci, good, bad, ugly....better/worse than G.S.?

An Air Group manager is an Air Group manager is an Air Group manager. It's just somebody else's turn at the trough.

Your statement is a complete contradiction. Did you see the video story on the JAL CEO. When the pilots and other workers took a pay cut, the JAL CEO took a pay cut.

Your statement says, you want to see the CEO take a raise when he furloughs or cuts pay and benefits.

When is everyone going to wake up!

Lucky,

I'm not sure where you are drawing that conclusion. Did you even read my post? How do you get that I want to see a CEO take a raise while employees take pay cuts and are furloughed? Where is the contradiction? I guess I will clarify since my meaning may have been unclear. Maybe the word "my" threw you off when I said:

"I have no problem with CEO's and senior management making good money, as long as it doesn't come out of my pocket and my ability to feed my family."

I guess I should have said:
"I have no problem with CEO's and other senior management making good money as long as it doesn't come out of OUR pockets and OUR ability to feed OUR families."

In other words, there needs to be accountability at the management level so that these folks don't swoop in and get rich over a short period of time, then leave with their briefcase full of cash after having destroyed our way of life.

My head is on the furlough chopping block as well, if the numbers that have been thrown out there are accurate. Hell, GS probably got a severance package that would pay the salaries of the current furlough letter recipients, and then some.

Last edited:
Ben Minicucci hates pilots even more than GS does. I mean he makes it quite clear to anyone in the room that Alaska pilots are to blame for all of the company's ills. I wonder if Greg was fired because he wasn't hard-nosed enough so they brought Ben in.
Nothing will change at the negotiating table. They will still not send anyone who has any authority to do anything but to delay an agreement.
I am now more convinced than ever that we are going to be on strike in the next 90 days.

Hay Single, can you take a look at that reduction bid that was released last night and tell me in English how many are getting furloughed?

if you subtract the total number of pilots on the base position list after the reduction from the total number of pilots on the base position list before the reduction then the number is 47

Latest resources

Back