• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska Fleet Plan for 2013/2014

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not quite understanding what your point is? If someone is not happy with their position (left or right seat in a -73) are you saying they should consider other options....

The industry has been in a decade long, non-movement, period...... A zero growth fleet plan is not all that shocking.. Nor would it be shocking if in 6 months the fleet plan changed

You'll change your tune when delta buys ha and you are on the dc-9 in Detroit for 5 years.

Alaska's Fleet Plan for 2013/2014:

2013: +3 Aircraft
2014: -3 Aircraft

ZERO aircraft for 2 years.
49 retirements over the next two years.

I hope everyone is comfortable where they are sitting right now.

I heard 83 notified the company they plan on retiring this year. 70 new hires planned for 2013. Maybe 50 more to cover new rest rules. Who knows...

Where is the fleet plan located? I couldn't find anything beyond 2013.

This from the earning call:

Projected Fleet Count(a)
Actual Fleet Count

Expected Fleet Activity
Aircraft
Dec 31, 2011

Dec 31, 2012

2013 Changes

Dec 31, 2013

2014 Changes

Dec 31, 2014
737 Freighters & Combis

(3
)

737 Passenger Aircraft

Total Mainline Fleet

(3
)

Q400

Total

(3
)

(a)
The expected fleet counts at December 31, 2013 and 2014 are subject to change.

It is found in the 8-K filed with the SEC. It's on the second to the last page.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=109361&p=irol-sec

Okay...that chart didn't look like it did when I previewed it and now fi.com won't let me edit it...sorry. I think the link works though. If it doesn't...the 8-K's can be found in the investor section of www.alaskaair.com under SEC filings.

And Skywest will be flying the 92 seat equipment for us :(

+1

We really should have focused on scope during the last go around, but most people were more concerned with wages than job security. I don't necessarily blame them after the Kashstration, but I found that most guys didn't even realize how nearly non-existent our scope language is.

We are finally focused on job security issues, but this is how I see things playing out:

1. Company initially offers 3% pay raise at signing, then 1% per year for the duration of a 6 year contract.

2. Absolutely NO CHANGE to our practically non-existent Scope language.

3. Changes to retirement age to begin bumping it up closer to the federal retirement age--say 30/62.

4. Additional efficiencies in scheduling that limit our abilities further to actually have a life outside of work.

After we balk at the ridiculously low pay offer and thump our chests about scope and scheduling, management comes back with something on the order of 10% at signing, plus 2% per year for 4 years, with no scope changes, and the scheduling efficiencies they want. We all then eagerly sign off on that, because we are very predictable and greedy (see VSA levels and current premium trips that get flown when we get those nifty text messages from scheduling). We will then scratch our heads in wonder as Republic starts flying EMB175's, 190's, and 195's with Eskimo's painted on the tails and Alaska Airlines written on the side.

As was stated in an earlier post, we are trading in all of our small 737's for big 737's, which will leave a large gap in the size from a 76 seat Dash8 to a 156 seat -800 or a 180 seat -900. Are we going to continue to let our flying get outsourced? Are we going to continue giving up things in our contract for meager improvements in other areas when the company is making more money than anytime in its history?

I hope not, but I fear we will. I hope I am way off base with the above scenario and that our negotiating team is as capable as they think they are. We, as a pilot group, deserve better this time around.

CP

Last edited:
+1

Are we going to continue to let our flying get outsourced? Are we going to continue giving up things in our contract for meager improvements in other areas when the company is making more money than anytime in its history?

Yes. Yes.

After we balk at the ridiculously low pay offer and thump our chests about scope and scheduling, management comes back with something on the order of 10% at signing,

CP

Bam-company immediately got 60% yes votes right there. No need to read further.

Latest resources

Back