• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Rhino

Class Date!
October 17th!

After 1,019 days, the official call came from the chief pilot to climb out of the pool. Who knew it would be such a long and tumultuous ride? What a rollercoaster!

He said the class will be 16 strong, and I know of only 14 in the pool ( one Air Force bubba can't get out until 2006), so that means interviews and hiring will have to start immediately to fill the class and the 28 empty seats in the following classes.

I'm still numb...

Right on! Congrats. Sounds like one of my predictions will come true. I have a friend who is a poolie who interviewed the week my first child was born, and will now be in class the week my second child will be born. 1019 days? Wow.

Congrats Rhino,

I know you've been waiting a while. Good luck with training. See you on the line.

They don't in any way appear geared up for interviews, but then again they always seem to wait until the absolute last second for that, so they might get some done in time.

My gut reaction is that they will go with whatever is in the pool for this first class on the 17th and try and get the interviews spooled up for the subsequent classes. But they may be able to get a handful of interviews and candidates hired with minimal notice.

At any rate Rhino (and the others I have communicated with recently), congrats on finally getting out of the pool. See you soon.

(av8instyle...

I see you bailed on us and are heading to the Mud Hen (lucky bastyd).) :cool: :D

flx757 said:
(av8instyle...

I see you bailed on us and are heading to the Mud Hen (lucky bastyd).) :cool: :D
I tried to get on the thing as a new hire but at the time it was really senior. We moved to Seattle and bought a house right before the base expanded. Timing is everything. Anyway, we've been trying to get back up there for a while. Not a big fan of the Seattle insanity. Time to go fishin'! (gonna miss the gucci jet though).

MudHen?

Av8,
I didn't see anyone on the new FO list coming to the MudHen except new hires? Are you going to the Monkey jet or the MudHen? Glad you finally get to come up North.
Now what ever you do, leave those gucci shoes with tassles at home! Get yourself a good pair of cowboy boots, hang up the suit jacket, get out the leather and get ready for some good flying. If you are coming up to go on the monkey jet, then you can disregard all of the above as you will soon have pasty white skin and pink eyes, the first stage of vampirism.

AK737FO said:
If you are coming up to go on the monkey jet, then you can disregard all of the above as you will soon have pasty white skin and pink eyes, the first stage of vampirism.

That bloody mary mix tastes a lot like blood too.

Latest resources

Back