• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska demographics for merger?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How about Guadalupe Holdings makes a return and purchases Alaska, Hawaiian, Jetblue and operates them as individual brands, although integrating the workgroups (if they play nice).

and you would have an airline smaller than USAir that would mix as well, to use what was already said, like oil and water.

I think the industry is merging to allow a big buy out of foreign investors. Or maybe we are going to be just the BIG 3 or 4 so that won't happen.:)

Mr. Wien is no longer on the AS board, BK is no longer alive. Yes, I would put it about 70% name will change and Eskimo will come off the tail in the next 24. AS went to its Golds and 75k's and asked them... They for the most part didn't care. Same group was asked if we merged with another carrier would they stay. Worst #s were for SWA... Less then 40% said they would keep their plans with AS if that were to happen. That would make an AS WN merger a big loser if it were to transpire

I don't think AS and SWA will merge. That being said, people would adapt over time. People do not like their cheese moved but they have to travel, they will buy a ticket. Some AS faithful would never fly SWA, but many others would.

Did you notice that we were officially given our contractually required one year notice on a change in uniforms?

I think the company is trying to "straighten" the pilot group out. First go the bags with all our pretty stickers with mandatory fabric company bought bags. Next they get rid of all the nonstandard and "dumpy" looking uniforms with new company bought ones. Can you say "double breasted?" And I don't mean the good kind. I hear they now have Richard Simmons on contract to do mandatory post-flight calisthenics in the terminal.

What on earth would they change? Even with a rebranding it seems like they wouldn't need anything maybe other than some new wings and hat brass...

Latest resources

Back