• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska/Delta? Probably not

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Word is on the fourth floor here in ATL is that what might have been stated on the second floor is SEA was actually said in the 3rd bathroom stall in the SE section of a Friday's restaurant in Olympia, WA......?

Bye Bye---General Lee

You guys have 4 floors?

How bout all those Alaska people on your wide bodies..what's that cost you?

Like Lumberg stated, DL can feed itself, and we would rather that happen anyway. You guys also received a huge benefit for our feed, and that may be tough to fill from other carriers coming into SEA or PDX. Before DL lacked the extra planes to feed a "hub" like SEA. The addition of 717s out East and new 739ERs coming have allowed extra planes to be available. Some were scheduled to be retired by now, but I guess that could be delayed a bit. Even those extra Compass E175s were bumped out of DTW by incoming 717s. Continuing to add 76 seaters on new routes (to DL) could continue to eat away at your profits and take away feed you "used to have" via DL.

Bye Bye---General Lee

You guys have 4 floors?

Yup. At least that's what they call it here, "the fourth floor..." That is primarily where the big wigs from Flt Ops reside. The top guys in the company have offices elsewhere I guess.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Hopefully next Summer DL will add mainline service to Ketchikan, Sitka, Gustavus, Cordova, Yakutat, Kodiak(oh watch out, special Qual I'm sure...), Prudoe Bay, Barrow, St. Paul, and Dutch Harbor (SWA proved a 737-700 can stop in 3500 ft, thanks Redflyer!) ... Fannnntastic! ;)

Bye Bye---General Lee

General, elsewhere you thought I was being a little defensive when I made the observation that DAL could hardly take any market share from Hawaiian if they tried. You also have wondered why the AK folks on here are defensive about your posts. With all due respect, it's posts like the above that raise peoples hackels. Quite frankly it comes across like you have the SWA "warrior spirit" thing going in spades. Whether you mean it or not, you sound like you think DAL can and should use it's size to just mow over everyone else. You appear a little too gleeful at the prospect. Simple fact is size creates lot's of opportunities (lot's of feed within your own system), but few people would choose DAL over an Alaska or Hawaiian flight given all things being equal (fare and convenience). Frequent flier miles are probably as big a driver as anything.
My own take is that in this environment our industry is in, everyone is full. There is no longer a battle for market share and survival like in the past. We are all here to stay. I'm guessing your codeshare with AK has morphed into routes that justify 2 airlines. Bunch of pilots talking about who is gonna kicks whose ass is just a little silly.

I think a few pretty new American 777-300er's rolling out of the north alley in Seattle might look pretty good..we control 53% of the traffic in Seattle..me thinks the new largest airline in the world might be a little interested in those folks..also hearing some rumblings about Cathay coming into Seattle..point being it isn't hard to find airlines with wide bodies that want our high yield passenger's

I think a few pretty new American 777-300er's rolling out of the north alley in Seattle might look pretty good..we control 53% of the traffic in Seattle..me thinks the new largest airline in the world might be a little interested in those folks..also hearing some rumblings about Cathay coming into Seattle..point being it isn't hard to find airlines with wide bodies that want our high yield passenger's

Actually, I believe AA's new contract allowed for codesharing with AK and HA specifically. Not sure on the details, perhaps an AA person can chime in. Hawaiian carries more than 50% of all traffic (not sure how much more) in and out of HNL.

Last edited:
General, elsewhere you thought I was being a little defensive when I made the observation that DAL could hardly take any market share from Hawaiian if they tried. You also have wondered why the AK folks on here are defensive about your posts. With all due respect, it's posts like the above that raise peoples hackels. Quite frankly it comes across like you have the SWA "warrior spirit" thing going in spades. Whether you mean it or not, you sound like you think DAL can and should use it's size to just mow over everyone else. You appear a little too gleeful at the prospect. Simple fact is size creates lot's of opportunities (lot's of feed within your own system), but few people would choose DAL over an Alaska or Hawaiian flight given all things being equal (fare and convenience). Frequent flier miles are probably as big a driver as anything.
My own take is that in this environment our industry is in, everyone is full. There is no longer a battle for market share and survival like in the past. We are all here to stay. I'm guessing your codeshare with AK has morphed into routes that justify 2 airlines. Bunch of pilots talking about who is gonna kicks whose ass is just a little silly.

And Dan, if you thought my post about expanding mainline to places like St Paul Island was sincere, then you haven't caught on to my "rapist wit" as Jim Carey stated in "Dumb and Dumber." Come on Dan, re-read the post and try to look at it in a humorous way. And, I still think you are acting a bit defensive, no offense... If someone wants to come in and purchase your airline, it very well could happen. That's life and a small market cap.

Bye Bye---General Lee

ATL has four floors? Damn you guys must be amazing!!!

And you guys have Hillary Clinton on the tail and an RNP App in JNU.... And that's about it......

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back