• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So if we have balls .. And turn it down .. I don't think I have much faith in the NC or the MEC at this point ... WTF over

I would love to see the old Wilson poles and some new ones!!

Last edited:
I'm not happy of the flying during vacation. I imagine it was a productivity sell-out for the pay rates as was Reserves picking days up. If you incentivize making money while on vacation it becomes anything but that. How relaxed would you be if you, as a Capt, were "giving" up almost $800 a day while on vacation? This is terrible. We need our time away and vacation. It was not meant to be traded or sold away. Complete BS. Plus, it's going to stagnate the place. Do the math.

I'm not happy of the flying during vacation. I imagine it was a productivity sell-out for the pay rates as was Reserves picking days up. If you incentivize making money while on vacation it becomes anything but that. How relaxed would you be if you, as a Capt, were "giving" up almost $800 a day while on vacation? This is terrible. We need our time away and vacation. It was not meant to be traded or sold away. Complete BS. Plus, it's going to stagnate the place. Do the math.

I think the theory is your sooo Jr. all you can get for vacation is Feb days ... You don't ski .. Kids are in school, and the wife is looking at you like why are you here again .. And with all the slow upgrades your not making a ton of money as a FO so why not pick up a 4 day... Flying on vacation is the least of my concerns on this contract...plus I heard from a union guy it was one of the most requested items in the polling .. Is it really possible that the rest of the contract is what we as a pilot group said we wanted ??...???

Last edited:
MEC says scope was not as big a deal and merger protection was a top priority per the surveys. If that is in fact the case then I'm not surprised this was the outcome.

However if the MEC was made aware of an impending merger then this should also not surprise anyone. The question is what the big picture is for AAG. Horizon is going to ANC, we are rebranding the company and our growth is very minimal if any at all.

My suspicion is we allow Skywest to expand the CPA with 100 seat jets or whatever to cover the gap between the Q400 and the 800's. This either screws us as a whole at Alaska or its used as a back door way to get larger RJ's into a legacy carrier that doesn't allow them already.

If you read Section 1 and LOA 13-01 it doesn't cover size or number of RJ's that AAG can bring in. I'm not happy about the money being offered but this lack of scope leaves the door open for the company to outsource whatever they want. Unless you are in the top 25% here this is not good. History is going to repeat itself here I'm afraid. Just ask any of the pilots at any of the legacy airlines what their thoughts are on scope and I bet its the same. We are signing our careers away with this lack of protection.

I've got a lot of good friends at Alaska and I really hope it works out ie. pay that you're happy with and security/protection.

If you read Section 1 and LOA 13-01 it doesn't cover size or number of RJ's that AAG can bring in. I'm not happy about the money being offered but this lack of scope leaves the door open for the company to outsource whatever they want. Unless you are in the top 25% here this is not good. History is going to repeat itself here I'm afraid. Just ask any of the pilots at any of the legacy airlines what their thoughts are on scope and I bet its the same. We are signing our careers away with this lack of protection.

Well Said! It will happen as fast as the furloughs were done after the last contract was signed.
The Preamble actually reads like it was cut and pasted from something the company wrote. After reading that I trust the union .01% more than the company. This is a good deal for the very old and the mec.

I feel like we're playing a slow game of rock-paper-scissors, except we have to go first.

"Oh, paper, huh? Then we pick scissors."

We shouldn't have to choose between just scope or pay or merger.

Bankrupt American and the APA negotiated the following:

TOS narrow body captain rates 2018 $232.71

TOS narrow body FO rates 2018 $158.24

Bear in mind they are planning on negotiating higher rates with a second JCBA in two years...IOW, this is the MINIMUM they can plan on getting paid.

AMERICAN AIRLINES IS CURRENTLY BANKRUPT!!!!!!

Anybody else ready to throw ALPAs worthless ass off this property?

Two words...card drive.

Bankrupt American and the APA negotiated the following:

TOS narrow body captain rates 2018 $232.71

TOS narrow body FO rates 2018 $158.24

Bear in mind they are planning on negotiating higher rates with a second JCBA in two years...IOW, this is the MINIMUM they can plan on getting paid.

AMERICAN AIRLINES IS CURRENTLY BANKRUPT!!!!!!

Anybody else ready to throw ALPAs worthless ass off this property?

Two words...card drive.

Two more words: SCOPE PROTECTION :cool:

Good luck!

Latest resources

Back