• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AK pilots have the leverage now...with a merger on the horizon, mgt NEEDS this contract done. the suitors on the sidelines are just waiting for the dust to settle. it is your opportunity to extract the most you can before the current mgt team sails off into early retirement with millions in merger compensation. JMO

+1

They (ALPA, Company) pulled this BS "Hurry Hurry" at Delta exactly one year ago when the lights came up and everybody figured out who they were going home with after the party.

YOU GUYS HAVE LEVERAGE....something us Delta Pilots left behind.....and don't buy the BS from the talking heads that "You'll never see the end of this contract...."

So if the TA gets rejected what do you figure will happen next and when?

Depends how how badly it was rejected. This pos will pass however. Just to be clear, if this gets ratified, the pilots are approving of the idea that it will be perfectly acceptable to them that in FIVE YEARS they will be getting paid LESS than Southwest paid TEN YEARS AGO.

scope

Your pay rates and work rules won't mean anything if there's no work to do. Contracting/Farming out work - to the lowest bidder - has become an accepted mangerial action, thus making scope the single most important section of any pilot contract. Without an extensive Scope section, mgmt decides who gets to do your work. For your sake, I hope you're reading the regionals & LCC sections of this site to remind yourselves what mgmt can and will do.

One last thing for every pilot group... If ever there was a time to stand fast on improving contract language, it's now!

YOU DONT WANT THAT!!!

It means LESS pilots.

Reserves flying on days off is with Scheduling approval which means next to never. At most they would get to pick up a turn or a 2 day on their last day of reserve and they could do it once a month. Plus, whatever is left in Open Time, after the w************************* clean it out, usually sucks and most self-respecting pilots would not volunteer to pick that crap up.

Reserves flying on days off is with Scheduling approval which means next to never. At most they would get to pick up a turn or a 2 day on their last day of reserve and they could do it once a month. Plus, whatever is left in Open Time, after the w************************* clean it out, usually sucks and most self-respecting pilots would not volunteer to pick that crap up.

Don't you get what is happening? They are trying to buy the reserve guys vote. They think "Hey we are fat and I need cash so if I toss my name in, I can pad my wallet." It is never going to happen. The other swing of the pendulum is this steals premium flying (OT) or whatever you call it from senior pilots.

We have had that for a few months here and not one day has been offered up.

Your pay rates and work rules won't mean anything if there's no work to do. Contracting/Farming out work - to the lowest bidder - has become an accepted mangerial action, thus making scope the single most important section of any pilot contract. Without an extensive Scope section, mgmt decides who gets to do your work. For your sake, I hope you're reading the regionals & LCC sections of this site to remind yourselves what mgmt can and will do.

One last thing for every pilot group... If ever there was a time to stand fast on improving contract language, it's now!

^^^ Smart Pilot

Latest resources

Back