Alaska Contract Talks Suspended

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
But...

No matter what % we get in 401k, the total would still have been 23% + 4 % smaller than what it is with today's pay.

And I'm sure you'd rather be a new hire at $54/hr with an A AND B rather than a new hire at $39/hr with only a B (which after a 23% cut, that 6% wouldn't be as generous as some think it seems).

Besides, if they got bank vacation, trips touching, & other etc work rules do you really think they'd need to hire sooner? Think about it.

Be thankful that when you do start you get an A fund, a 3% matching B fund, a $54/hr starting pay, and nearly $100/hr 2 year pay, with NO B scale whatsoever!

It's OK to drink the Kool Aid...but only in moderation.

Good input from everyone...

Still wondering about the impact of arbitration...

I have NO say in the outcome. Of course I'd rather have the current contract vs. the Co proposal (lower wages, lower retirement etc).

I am curious why the company wouldn't talk in spite of the fact that the Pilot's came to the table early at Mgt's request.

av8instyle...

av8instyle said:

Besides, if they got bank vacation, trips touching, & other etc work rules do you really think they'd need to hire sooner? Think about it.

Are you saying that if the company got concessions on work rules, that they could run the current sked with less pilots (or the same number, minus retirements)?

Latest resources

Back