• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska CFO comments

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah and last time it was Casher plus oh and full retro pay. And what almost 86% voted for Casher -14% plus a few pennies in profit sharing. Where do you guys work? 10%, scope, and the Holy grail. Our pilot group has the back bone of water. The company knows it and yes a tiny raise will pass without any real scope!

Yeah and last time it was Casher plus oh and full retro pay. And what almost 86% voted for Casher -14% plus a few pennies in profit sharing. Where do you guys work? 10%, scope, and the Holy grail. Our pilot group has the back bone of water. The company knows it and yes a tiny raise will pass without any real scope!
Well this camper will vote NO if there is no scope, work rule improvements
and decenent raise. 10% 3,3,3 are my minimums. Of course I want more and we deserve more!

When the TA comes out, it will pass. 10,3,3,3 is shooting way low, even as the minimum. Dude, $240 million in record profits!!! No or a weak Scope won't bother the senior geezers; they'll vote with their pockets and throw the junior folks under the bus, once again. This pilot group is spineless and management knows it. Too many guys/gals are just happy living in the NW and flying airplanes for a living. I hope I'm wrong but history has a tendency of repeating itself.

This pilot group is spineless and management knows it. Too many guys/gals are just happy living in the NW and flying airplanes for a living. I hope I'm wrong but history has a tendency of repeating itself.

You are exactly right unfortunately. I think Brad got his pee-pee whapped when he gave away the store on the last contract and it passed by 80%.

The senior guys don't care what it is as long as we don't strike, that's their big fear.

If we wouldn't take a stand after draconian cuts, guys on the street, threats of more guys on the street...then when would we take a stand?

I think management will give us 10/3/3/3, no work rule improvements, if anything some work rules the other way (i.e. no more monthly max), and no change in scope. 10/3/3/3 will pass for sure. What I am realy afraid of is 10/3/3/3/3/3/3/3.

So I guess I missed this, but he said 5 combis going away in 2014. That would mean all of them right? Any more information on plans in the state of Alaska? I've heard rumors of -700Fs or something, but outsourcing appears to be the plan, although I haven't heard that stated.

Well, they will start out-sourcing short haul flying to 100+ seat RJ's flown by Skywest or, whomever else will cut them a good deal! That means GEG, Bay Area and So Cal will go to this contract carrier. Not to mention all the flying in the state of AK will go away as well. AK could easily shrink to approx 105 airplanes while out-sourcing up to 20% of main line flying.

And, if we don't stand firm on scope, we could see a decrease in fleet size if Skywest starts operating 100+ seat RJ's. They (management) have proven they will out source if they think they can pinch a penny!
You're crazy! In order for that to be a possibility, Skywest would have to have 90 seat RJ's on order. That wouldn't make sense for them because they are scoped out with all of their partners. They wouldn't have anywhere to put them. They wouldn't order planes without somewhere to put them to work.
Oh, wait a minute.................

You're crazy! In order for that to be a possibility, Skywest would have to have 90 seat RJ's on order. That wouldn't make sense for them because they are scoped out with all of their partners. They wouldn't have anywhere to put them. They wouldn't order planes without somewhere to put them to work.
Oh, wait a minute.................

^^^ awsome

Latest resources

Back