Alaska ANYONE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Igneousy2,
I did a silver bullet for a guy who interviewed 3 weeks ago. Still no call. It seems my company is just not calling back those who they don't want to invite to the second interview, or "Elisibeth Ryan inquisition" as some now call it. This is rude, it is insensitive, it is a poor business practice, and it is wrong. This from a company that says it prides itself on its employees and we are all to treat each other with dignity and respect. For all you potentials out there, don't expect dignity and respect to apply to you when you come to Alaska to interview.

fly-n-fish and old school 737, you guys must both be post kasher to be involving your friends in this place and if not then shame on both of you.....

Yes, I am post Kastration. And let me say that what happened to you guys was Bull-***hit. I know alot of guys are pissed off and I will be soon if this next contract is not what it should be!

Viking-

Our experiences were identical.
First interview was a home-run...I liked them, they liked me...I am a great fit.
Second interview....WTF?
All I can say, after reading similar exeriences here at FI and hearing other experiences through the aviation grapevine is that they're definately not hiring those of us that are (were?) passionate about working there. They're hiring SWA wannabees and non-union Skywest folks (nothing against you, just an observation...I know some Skywest folks are as passionate as I was).

Z

Can I take a guess??
....Someone that wants to be at SWA?

You must have an IQ of 180! If you are a SWA wannabe then why would you interview at ALK? Why would ALK hire someone that wanted to be at SWA? Point is, the SWA wannabe is someone they are trying to weed out. Problem is most everyone now days is a SWA wannabe. Makes the job rather difficult.

You must have an IQ of 180! If you are a SWA wannabe then why would you interview at ALK? Why would ALK hire someone that wanted to be at SWA? Point is, the SWA wannabe is someone they are trying to weed out. Problem is most everyone now days is a SWA wannabe. Makes the job rather difficult.

They are trying to weed out the union activist and anyone that might become vocal.

1- Actually it's considerably less, but thanks for the compliment. I just get REALLY lucky a lot!
2- Because Alaska right now is better than not having ANY job with a profitable, 160K paying major airline.
3- Because he/she blew enough smoke up the board's a$$ to convince them otherwise.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back