Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I thought American has a west coast operation - in LAX and now PHX

Metrojet

You're correct American does fly on the west coast, but it is the weakest area of it's US network. US Airways used to be strong on the west coast after it aquired PSA, but it pulled out of most of that flying. American had a profitable pilot base in SEA, but management shut it down in retaliation for the pilot sick out. It's one area of possible expansion for the combined carrier. I want to see it of course, because I like the west coast. Hopefully it will make economic sense in the future.

Song?

Are they hiring?

You wouldn't have been hired..... Sorry. But I can't wait to get on with Transtar... Are they hiring?

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
And you only use FI for your aviation news and rumors? Really? Hey Mercy, Mars will attack tomorrow! Run for the hills dip wad!

Bye Bye---General Lee

I use to just laugh at you, but it is now getting to the point that I am starting to feel sorry for you. My mom always told me it was not nice to make fun of the mentally challenged, so I might have to rethink some things..

Bye Bye---Genital "Warts" Lee

And that's why we need to buy Hawaiian.

Another easy integration, Hawaiian obviously would have fences around all the wide body flying, the future A321 neo's and inter-island. So nothing would change for the AK folks. Now Alaska would just be a small version of the old USAir. So what would be the point?
You are good at what you do and we are good at what we do. Combined? Not so much. A relatively small International AirBus hub in HNL hardly fits into what Alaska Airlines does. Apples and Oranges.

Last edited:
Another easy integration, Hawaiian obviously would have fences around all the wide body flying, the future A321 neo's and inter-island. So nothing would change for the AK folks. Now Alaska would just be a small version of the old USAir. So what would be the point?
You are good at what you do and we are good at what we do. Combined? Not so much. A relatively small International AirBus hub in HNL hardly fits into what Alaska Airlines does. Apples and Oranges.

I don't think the 321s would be fenced in that scenario, since it is about the same size as their 739ER, and would be doing the same type missions. Mergers can be tricky, and fences are often used, but people think people wont be bumped to undesirable bases. A lot of the junior "South" pilots at DL were bumped up to "North" bases as planes were moved from base to base and some bases were closed (MEM, ANC), while another shrank (CVG). If DL were to acquire anyone, AK or HA for example, some of those pilots would end up in DTW or NYC on a narrowbody. That's just the way it is.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I use to just laugh at you, but it is now getting to the point that I am starting to feel sorry for you. My mom always told me it was not nice to make fun of the mentally challenged, so I might have to rethink some things..

Bye Bye---Genital "Warts" Lee

"Mamma say alligators are so cranky cause they got so many teeth to brush..." Thanks waterboy! You're a complete idiot....but a funny one Forest Dump!

Let's you and me say your deal together: "Mamma say..." ;)

Bye Bye---General Lee

"Mamma say alligators are so cranky cause they got so many teeth to brush..." Thanks waterboy! You're a complete idiot....but a funny one Forest Dump!

Let's you and me say your deal together: "Mamma say..." ;)

Bye Bye---General Lee

Well which is it? Waterboy or Forest Dump? You that confused?

I'll answer that for you. Yes, you are one very confused woman.

Fence ANC, SEA,PDX,LAX, and possibly SAN and fence the delta WB and I'd have no problem at all with that. I'm still hoping to never have to deal with it however.

I would guess if DAL actually combined with AK...SEA and LAX will be the only surviving bases. Not sure about ANC with Horizon beginning ops up there.

DL has a LAX 737 base so AK won't get a fence on that one. So...probably only SEA 737. Lets hope this never happens and both airlines just grow organically.

On buying Hawaiian, I would imagine the Alaska Air Group would buy it and operate it as a separate entity. Just like Horizon. I doubt they would even change the name.

Latest resources

Back