Alaska and Delta: Frenemies?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Staple Virgin.

Why would it be any different than any other ... ALPo vs a non union but with the macaskill //Bond (however you spell it) stuff wouldn't it just go to arbitration anyway?..

I don't doubt the SLI would go to arbitration. I just think AS pilots will feel burned one way or another. The demographics and total compensation packages vary greatly between our two companies. Our most senior captains have been here for 30+ years. How long has B6 been around? Their junior captain is an '07 hire, Alaska's...? Their pilot group is probably relatively young. We bring retirements but, B6 has a history of growing their fleet. My guess is more of their pilot group is looking to apply to the "big 3" more so than our pilot group (subject to change at any time, this is more a measure of the current suck at any given airline).

I heard that the company said something about buying Virgin during contract negotiations... But who knows what that say is true during talks. Hell they had negotiating committee and MEC convinced this was such a great deal so.... Then pow another 55mil to the share holders per year and finish the record stock buyback .. Etc... Etc ... Had to laugh at the water cooler today talking about the JD power awards ..if they think they're going to get one by stringing the fight attend along with a crappy deal after we have seen how well they are doing .. They got another thing coming... And it won't be another Dam award..

Why would it be any different than any other ... ALPo vs a non union but with the macaskill //Bond (however you spell it) stuff wouldn't it just go to arbitration anyway?..

Mccaskill/Bond requires a bargaining agent representing a certain group for the protections to apply. So when opposing unions, ala AA/TWA occurred (which spawned the legislation) the rule for fair and equitable would apply.

Non-union? Sorry...no help there.

Bit of trivia.....When Continental bought PeopleExpress they stapled the Captains just below the junior CO Captain and all the PEX F/O's and F/E's were stapled to the bottom. Although PEX was non union, a group got together and took it to court. They won a fairer integration even though they were non union.
FWIW, CO was also non union at the time.

We still have most of the original Jet A Flight Attendants still working. And I must say most are still pretty well put together ;-)

Latest resources

Back