Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ImbracableCrunk

Unregistered Un-User
http://www.fool.com/investing/gener...-still-want-to-be-friends-with-alaska-ai.aspx

Does Delta Still Want to Be Friends With Alaska Airlines?

By Adam Levine-Weinberg | More Articles
October 2, 2013 | Comments (6)
Delta Air Lines (NYSE: DAL ) has built a thriving international gateway in Seattle, thanks in large part to a partnership with Alaska Air (NYSE: ALK ) , which operates a hub there. Delta and Alaska code-share on numerous flights from Seattle, and Delta has relied on the "feed" from these flights to fill planes for its flights from Seattle to Europe and Asia.

etc. . .

No offense to the Alaska gang....

There is no effing reason Delta can't fly it's own 737's to feed Seattle.

Massive NWA carryover FAIL....

No offense to the Alaska gang....

There is no effing reason Delta can't fly it's own 737's to feed Seattle.

Massive NWA carryover FAIL....

None taken, I don't want to wear that dumb-ass double-breasted donkey suit, or worry about the base chief pilots roaming around assessing fines for not wearing your hat!! Or have to fly with Genny Lee!!

One can only assume that Daddy Delta is still bent out of shape over AK's agreement with American last year. This may be their way of applying a little pressure on us, to give a subtle nudge that they were not too happy!

There's no way AK could compete on those routes, would be better off exploring new routes, oh that's right, we have new routes; they'll be flown by SkyWest! My bad!!

Last edited:
None taken, I don't want to wear that dumb-ass double-breasted donkey suit, or worry about the base chief pilots running around assessing fines for not wearing your hat!! Or have to fly with Genny Lee!!

Why spend the money on building up a new base when you have a code share partner that can do it much cheaper?? Nothing personal, it's just business!!

If it happens, you can be my FO on my first JNU flight. That will be awesome. Third and fifth beers are on me!

Bye Bye---General Lee

None taken, I don't want to wear that dumb-ass double-breasted donkey suit, or worry about the base chief pilots running around assessing fines for not wearing your hat!! Or have to fly with Genny Lee!!

Why spend the money on building up a new base when you have a code share partner that can do it much cheaper?? Nothing personal, it's just business!!

Wow, someone a little bitter? Did you get turned down for the job or something? I've been to several major airlines and so far DL is the best one post 9/11. I assure you our worst day at work is 10x better than the best day at any regional. Personally I don't let the personality of another individual change the way that I bid. If he is a complete A hole then I know how to handle that. 99% of the guys though are great to work with.

If it happens, you can be my FO on my first JNU flight. That will be awesome. Third and fifth beers are on me!

Bye Bye---General Lee

They finally let you out of the pound huh?

They finally let you out of the pound huh?

Wasn't I nice enough? I offered you third and fifth beers? Chillax a bit.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Things are just about to get even more strained... It could be very interesting for all of us over here at AS in 2014. RA and BT are playing high stakes poker and I sure hope BT is sitting on something real good.. I am confident RA is.

It appears AK can fill their planes with their own pax, so DL needs some feed. The SFO to SEA flights will now feed Asia via SEA, since DL just announced the cnx of the SFO to Narita flight next April. Looks like SEA will get a lot bigger to Asia, with nonstops to London Heathrow, Amsterdam, and Paris as well. Feed from big cities on the West Coast will help feed those flights, and if AK flights are already full, then DL needs to do something about that. I think it's great they are actually doing something. The 717s arriving in ATL and DTW are freeing up some larger RJs, but 50 seaters are also getting parked enmasse, so those 70/76 seaters will be limited. Hopefully more mainline flights will go to SEA.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Sure would be nice if AS bought more planes.

Latest resources

Back