• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska and Delta: Frenemies?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I guess that Delta don't want to handle us anymore in a bunch of stations ..

Do they know something we don't? Where did you hear that?

Anywhere we go that Delta goes, so does American or eek, USAir. Or maybe we could uh, have our own, uh, Menzes. . . do it?

RA has pushed as hard as he possible could.. AS said no. AS is now on the brink of announcing the most exciting news in its history. Stay tuned 2014 just might be a unbelievable... Or we will all may be out of a job soon.

In this case it's planned growth they've been prepping for for a long time.
And as much as it does seem like swa's mgmt team is getting like everyone else- they do believe the culture has a positive monetary impact and are smart enough to get something big out of the big growth that is planned.

Make no mistake- the AT purchase has cost SWA money over morale.

And here's me just flying the jet... Tea leaves though

You do agree that if SWA actually tried to merge with AK it means the SWA "culture" would be dead and gone? Do they really want to stop what they are doing and try to be the 4th legacy with no International presence?

RA has pushed as hard as he possible could.. AS said no. AS is now on the brink of announcing the most exciting news in its history. Stay tuned 2014 just might be a unbelievable... Or we will all may be out of a job soon.

?????? Do tell ??? What you know !!

You do agree that if SWA actually tried to merge with AK it means the SWA "culture" would be dead and gone? Do they really want to stop what they are doing and try to be the 4th legacy with no International presence?

Time will tell

No merger or acquisition is anything I hope for

?????? Do tell ??? What you know !!

You haven't heard about The 2014 Plan?!?

We're going to optimize our synchronicities by synergizing to 20 -800ETOPS and 14 -900ER.

Ooh, Ooh, let me guess:

New uniforms?
New brand?
BOD approves $100M stock buy back?
September 2014 aircraft deliver moved up to March 2014?
Bid 201405 will have 12 new captains instead of 10?

Had a dream that Alaska bought JetBlue !! So it must be true !!

Rebranded the whole thing JetAmerica!!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back