Alaska Airlines Prepares to Strike

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Question to all:

What happens to a pilot group that is out on strike and the company gets bought? Does the buying airlines pilot's get our aircraft and routes and is there any SLI?

Hmmmmmnnnnnnnn??????

Baja.

I've been wondering that as well. Seems uncharted territory.

Anger Management?

Pound sand Green Banana. As an individual free man you can do anything that your ballz allow....That is our problem....A bunch of scared little silver spooners afraid of their own shadows....Dont hurt me or I might not be able to live in SEA......Grow up and grow a pair...Alpa can say all they want but they have no control over us....We need to be causing ALPA every day to beg us to not misbehave......EFF em I say...Lets take some of our own hostages...........

Oh yea EFF the court and that judge....she needs to look over her shoulder

Relax Francis, I am just telling you what has happened at other carriers recently and the ramifications of actions. As I posted, this explains ALPA's silent stance. This was not in any way meant to overshadow your manly chest thumping.

Question to all:

What happens to a pilot group that is out on strike and the company gets bought? Does the buying airlines pilot's get our aircraft and routes and is there any SLI?

Hmmmmmnnnnnnnn??????

Baja.

If you are referring to a possible DAL buyout during a strike by ALK pilots, I'm pretty sure DAL ALPA would and should refuse to fly struck work. Good question, but one I'm not going to lose sleep over when voting yes to a strike.

Just remember with issues dealing with ALPA National. ALPA National looks out for ALPA National. We are too small to get the same reaction that UAL got. We have been too small to get a lot of the support that we need. That's just the business side. They put the bulk of their resources where it will do the most, good or bad, and that isn't us. We are only getting the attention now because we are first out of the shoot.

I'm not bashing ALPA here. I'm a volunteer on a few committees but I'm also a realist and have seen how this all works. My point is is that we have to stick up for each other. Don't fly sick. Don't fly fatigued. Don't fly more than 75 hours and for Gods sake don't ever VSA with a furlough or even the threat of one.

I was also thinking about taking Inauguration day off to show support for our new labor friendly President. What better way for all of us, ALPA, APA, SWAPA etc...pilots to show support on this day. Can you imagine traveling by air on a day where all pilots were doing something constructive other than moving metal. I can and I'll bet it would be a mess.

Just remember with issues dealing with ALPA National. ALPA National looks out for ALPA National. We are too small to get the same reaction that UAL got. We have been too small to get a lot of the support that we need. That's just the business side. They put the bulk of their resources where it will do the most, good or bad, and that isn't us. We are only getting the attention now because we are first out of the shoot.

I'm not bashing ALPA here. I'm a volunteer on a few committees but I'm also a realist and have seen how this all works. My point is is that we have to stick up for each other. Don't fly sick. Don't fly fatigued. Don't fly more than 75 hours and for Gods sake don't ever VSA with a furlough or even the threat of one.

I was also thinking about taking Inauguration day off to show support for our new labor friendly President. What better way for all of us, ALPA, APA, SWAPA etc...pilots to show support on this day. Can you imagine traveling by air on a day where all pilots were doing something constructive other than moving metal. I can and I'll bet it would be a mess.

Are you going to then attend worship services for your prophet? You lberals have annointed this lying fraud the new and improved J.C., God help us ( pardon the pun) this fraud is president elect.

Easy ther Inline. I voted McCain not to stir up the past election here. Read between the lines about taking a well deserved day off. Do I need to spell it out for ya?

Pound sand Green Banana. As an individual free man you can do anything that your ballz allow....That is our problem....A bunch of scared little silver spooners afraid of their own shadows....Dont hurt me or I might not be able to live in SEA......Grow up and grow a pair...Alpa can say all they want but they have no control over us....We need to be causing ALPA every day to beg us to not misbehave......EFF em I say...Lets take some of our own hostages...........

Oh yea EFF the court and that judge....she needs to look over her shoulder
No no, Tico! We must remember...The Nail That Sticks Up Gets Hammered Down.

If you are referring to a possible DAL buyout during a strike by ALK pilots, I'm pretty sure DAL ALPA would and should refuse to fly struck work. Good question, but one I'm not going to lose sleep over when voting yes to a strike.

If a merger did happen it would be a while before there was a single operating certificate. Only AK Air pilots could be responsible for that work until then. The above threat is nonexistent.

AKMD guy said it all. The MEC can't even appear to endorse ANY kind of action that would violate the "status quo." APA did that and it cost 'em $44M.

But, there's not a single thing wrong with operating in accordance with FAA and Company rules.

Its just plain too risky to fly sick or fatigued. On top of risking medical problems down the line (I knew a guy in the military who ended up NPQ because he flew with a head cold) its simply rude to expose your crew and passengers to your illness.

Its just plain too risky to fly sick or fatigued. On top of risking medical problems down the line (I knew a guy in the military who ended up NPQ because he flew with a head cold) its simply rude to expose your crew and passengers to your illness.

Agreed! You would not want your vacation time to gather dust and get stale either.

Latest resources

Back