• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Alaska Airlines going to ATL and IAH

GuppyWN

Total Time
Idiots,

Hasn't anyone told you guys you can't make money flying to Hawaii?

And Delta will KILL anyone that flies into Atlanta.

I don't know. I'm just repeating what I've been told by my management.

Gup

General Lee

Total Time
A lot
Idiots,

Hasn't anyone told you guys you can't make money flying to Hawaii?

And Delta will KILL anyone that flies into Atlanta.

I don't know. I'm just repeating what I've been told by my management.

Gup

There is a reason they are going to ATL, just like there is a reason we will build an INTL hub from SEA soon hitting major cities in Asia. We are codeshare partners. Will that grow into something more? MAYBE. Will I be flying to Sitka in the left seat someday? MAYBE. Will Ocity be flying in DTW? You never know.

Bye Bye--General Lee

GuppyWN

Total Time
Dude,

Don't flatter yourself.

"Your" SEA intl' hub has been there for 30 years.

Gup

General Lee

Total Time
A lot
Dude,

Don't flatter yourself.

"Your" SEA intl' hub has been there for 30 years.

Gup

NWA has had 3 or 4 flights a day to Asia or Europe from SEA, never really an INTL hub. They do hit INTL gateways, but not like we will possibly see in the future. Thanks anyway.

Bye Bye--General Lee

~~~^~~~

Total Time
7,500+
Why is Alaska hub raiding a codeshare partner....

Oh wait, I get it, Alaska is feeding Atlanta. Their role as a Delta Connection Carrier is almost complete.

The problem is the Alaska and Midwest codeshare... Republic thought they had and end run.

General Lee might find there is no left seat, as his job (and mine) are outsourced.

You sure this is a good thing, General?

Singlecoil

I don't reMember
Total Time
There is a reason they are going to ATL, just like there is a reason we will build an INTL hub from SEA soon hitting major cities in Asia. We are codeshare partners. Will that grow into something more? MAYBE. Will I be flying to Sitka in the left seat someday? MAYBE. Will Ocity be flying in DTW? You never know.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I doubt it, you'll be too afraid to set field elevation in the altitude alerter on approach.

maxblast72

Total Time
9000+
Is Alaska's 150 seats a day between ATL and SEA that big of a deal vs Airtran's 400+ seats a day and Delta's 1500+ seats a day?

Pickle

grumpy puppy
Total Time
no mas
I remember the good old days when I was doing OAK-OGG and OAK-KOA.