• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska 3rd Quarter Profit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You Alaska boys sure are thin-skinned.....alright....codeshare to Fairbanks and King Salmon...

Feel better?

No different from Lubbock except it's 30 below and the women are Butt Ugly...

Last edited:
Total poser, don't take the bait, resist!!!

Too right. Who would give up a Singapore widebody Capt. seat for ANY U.S. domestic F/O seat?

Sacka doesn't work for SWA...heck he isn't even a pilot.

Fudgepacker,
Do some research on ex pat pay for Singapore, Asiana, etc. at least back then...Singapore was hiring most of us into the left seat because of Lloyds of London Insurance requirements. 5 year contracts with the promise of unlimited renewals. The pay wasn't nearly as good as you might think. Plus, we were babysitting 300 hour "natives" in the right seat. Not fun going into the old HKG airport on a dark,stormy night while essentially single pilot. Living in Singapore got old real quick, especially if you had friends and family back in the states. EAL strikers went to Singapore and almost every single one bailed prior to 5 years let alone renewed. Scabs ended up at EVA and many stayed because they had no choice....not many hiring opportunities beyond Valujet and Miami Air.
747, 727 or 737 s....who cares? Maybe your ego needs a wide body, but I could care less. Money, days off and a solid, stable airline in the USA is much better. Besides, it's hard to top Phantoms and Eagles when you are in your 20's....
Why don't you quit your bit$hing and go fly for Emirates, or Cathay Cargo? How about Polar or Atlas? In your fantasy world, if it so great, what's stopping you? Fact of the matter if it was so great, guys would be falling all over themselves to go work overseas, but they are not. Oh yeah, almost forgot about all the guys that went to work for JAL right after I bailed on Singapore. I tried to talk them out of it, but they said I was crazy. I guess after suffering under Lorenzo anything seems good. Many were based in ANC and I would visit in the summer to go fishing and hunting....they were miserable....getting out of the JAL contracts was next to impossible unless you were willing to pay a huge penalty. Two of the guys went to work for Airtran and were relieved as hell...

But for you Fudge, an expat job might be just the ticket....I'll email you the Apps......your ego might fit in the cockpit of a China Air 767.....but it would still be tight.....

Wow, Sacka. Justification, much? I guess anything is good after you crossed the EAL picket line.

Fudgepacker,

Shut you down....again...

I sometimes think of where ALPA went wrong over the last 30 years or so....

The reasons are many....most were preventable......

But the overriding reason is because, sadly, guys in many ALPA leadership positions over the years were Simpletons like yourself......you are exactly the mental makeup of the 250
"Superscabs" that crossed on day one in order to secure the left seat in the L1011. Above all, that was what they thought would make them "somebody"..... Ironically, many were "burn the house down" ALPA pot-stirrers......it's amazing how many had the exact same personality profile as YOU........

You see Fudege.....I think you are actually a "Scab"......you just haven't found a picket line to cross yet.........

Well I guess I am ready to be laughed off this site. AS and Boeing are right now working on an enhanced purchase package that would have AS hiring 630 between now and 2018. That is a 0 retirement number and could be as much as 200 to 300 on the low side since we know some will retire during that time. Hope it all gets worked out but I know we all remember 2000 in 2000. Hold on Angle Lake is feeling pressure to grow or they will be forced to merge.

MEA,

Are you actually trying to bring some meaningful dialogue to this otherwise pathetic thread hijack? I'm so happy that I haven't really missed anything over the last several months of staying away from this site.

BTW--I hope your rumors hold a shred of truth, but I guess, like everything in this industry, I'll believe it when I see it.

Take care for another six months.

CP

Latest resources

Back