• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska 110M Profit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm curious why the MEC has expressed their goal of signing a new contract by the amendable date. I don't recall timeline as a priority in the past. Is this a 5th cornerstone? I hope it's just pre-negotiation feel-good posturing and not something more sinister driving ALPA's sense of urgency: 1) ALPA national's economist sees a storm coming, 2) we might end up on some mega-carrier's plate

I completely agree, Charlie. Getting a deal done by the amendable date is WAY down the list for me. For me it is scope, pay, a big override for backside of the clock flying, per-diem, and then the signing date.

I'm curious why the MEC has expressed their goal of signing a new contract by the amendable date. I don't recall timeline as a priority in the past. Is this a 5th cornerstone? I hope it's just pre-negotiation feel-good posturing and not something more sinister driving ALPA's sense of urgency: 1) ALPA national's economist sees a storm coming, 2) we might end up on some mega-carrier's plate

I think their is nothing wrong with having the goal to have a contract by the amendable date. I question the public declaration of the goal. One of the tools of negotiation is to apply time pressure to the other side..."there are two other buyers in the managers office that are looking at the diarrhea green Volvo that you're looking at buying too so we have to seal this deal now."

I think it's a great internal goal...I think the public message of the MEC should be we are going negotiate as long as it takes to get a proper contract...with retropay (or signing bonus or whatever you want to call it) calculated from the amendable date.

Later.

For me it is scope, pay, a big override for backside of the clock flying, per-diem, and then the signing date.

Someone finally figured out that aircraft don't make money sitting on the ramp all night. It's all about efficiency. Make no mistake, flying all night is a huge component in the future. Plan on half your flying being done after dark for the rest of your career. Seniority used to bring you good trips. From here on out, it will bring only bring you the ability to work while the sun is up. Put a price tag on it.

Latest resources

Back