• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Al Haynes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Any way to prove I'm not falling for a scam before I donate to Capt. Haynes' daughter's fund?

Not to sound too suspicious, but I don't want to give my money to someone without knowing it's really going where I intend it to go.

Lots of scumbags on the net and I don't want to be "taken".

I'm in for $50. As you all have said Al has done a lot for aviation, it is the least I could do. If she is anything like her father she will come out of this with, flying colors.

I.P. Freley said:
Any way to prove I'm not falling for a scam before I donate to Capt. Haynes' daughter's fund?

Not to sound too suspicious, but I don't want to give my money to someone without knowing it's really going where I intend it to go.

Check out the web site. Hero pilot.....

It looks pretty legit to me. Im in for $20. Wish I could do more.

Last edited:
I may be furloughed and not have a job, but.........Al Haynes has done so much for us as professional aviators that I can offer up a humble $100 for Al's daughter. You guys are all great for helping out!!

You can go to transplants.org and click on Patient Campaigns. Then go to (last name) Arguello, (Haynes) Laurie. You can donate by credit card.

NYR

Last edited:
Speaking of ALPA, anyone know if they are aware of this? It would be great if they could post this information on their web-site. Seems that would be the least they could do for Mr. Hayne's 30+ years of due-paying membership.

Al is a class act, the heroics are well documented. The best part was when he gave his first interview from his hospital bed, he had his ALPA pin in plain sight.......

I Donated Also

I donated $50 to Al's daughters donor fund. The man is a true hero and deserves our support.

I also sent a mass email to my aviation friends letting them know of the situation. I hope they raise enough money. Al saved lives - now it is time for all of us to return the favor.

In

I'm in for $20. Probably the easist money spent this holiday season. The Transplants.org site is really easy to donate to. Not a scam..........

I.P. Freley said:

IP,

The link is on the united fa's website, which makes it pretty unlikely it's a scam. Plus if you follow all the links to the national donation site, you'll find it's totally legit. They even have a picture of his daughter.

I may be one broke FO, but Al made us all proud at Sioux City and went beyond the call of duty with the speaking tours he has made. I too wonder, where the h*ll is ALPA in all of this? How many times has Duane Worth tried to justify us to the media by sighting the Sioux City accident?!?

Hey Gang, donating money is easy, but if you truly care please take the most important step.

Go down to the blood bank and donate a pint. When you do, ask them to add you to the National Bone Marrow Registry. They'll take a few extra tubes for testing and typing. Someday, you may be the one called to save someone's life with a donation.

I know, because I was a non-related donor a couple of years ago for a 53 year old man with leukemia. It was one of the most important events of my life...

http://www.marrow.org/

Cheers!
AKAAB

Latest resources

Back