• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was just passing through town...looking for
something to do for the evening. The Rotary wasn't
meeting...then I heard about this.

ACORN works very hard and will spare no expense to alter the outcome of elections to suit their own agenda?

Acorn has a lot of ground to make up, the republican party and Jeb Bush advanced the republican agenda through actual election fraud (disenfranchisement) much further than Acorn could ever possibly dream of.

I"m not going to be guilty of letting this thread drift further than it already has, nor will I dignify the last post.

To the original point of the thread: We need to be on our guard against dimwit, grandstanding politicians whose primary goal is self-aggrandizement without regard to reason or reality.

Al Franken is the poster child for that.

I thought the Carter years were bad................! Talk about left wingers.

Yes-I do often find myself wishing we only were dealing with Carter-level idiocy, or perhaps Bush-level incompetence.....

-People who really thought we had it bad should have looked before they lept.

-I really do think folks are waking up, though. (People will really start to wake up when they start to see what kind of tax changes this buffoon has in store.)

Last edited:
Seriously bro, you need to put down the anti-Beck kool aid.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/mike-s...-doesnt-check-facts-attacks-glenn-beck-anyway

If you truly are buying into some belief that Glenn Beck is a liar becasue of that rediculous interview on leftist show The View you are a complete sucker.

You want some examples of real liars? Let's start in the White House and Congress. Believe me, Glenn Beck is the least of your problems...even if he was lying.

Anyway, you never did answer my question...and I'm pretty sure I know why. But I'll give you another chance. Where do you get your news and current events from? (As if I'm going to get an honest answer)

Again, we get it. You don't like Beck. At least have legitimate reasons for it. BTW, how often do you lie? I wonder what your life would look like if played out on some big screen TV.

I'm not sure why you are so worried about "were I get my news" I read various newspapers and magazines and watch TV and listen to the radio like most people. Than I make up my own mind.
The problem with many people is they only watch or read what supports their own point of view. In this case I saw what happened and can make up my own mind. In your case you used a right wing blog to help you make up your own mind. There is a difference. That blog you posted is hardly "fair and balanced", obviously it was very biased to the right.
You are correct about anybodies life being played out on some big screen. I sure wouldn't want it. The hypocrisy is people like Beck make a lot of money exploiting what is often normal human weakness's and blowing them out of proportion. Not too cool to go around screaming and pointing fingers at people and than being guilty of similar or worse failings.

The far right wing and to a lesser degree the far left wing have turned into people that can only see what they think is wrong and totally miss what is good. They are kinda of like the saying "making mountains out of molehills" only on steriods.

Last edited:
and you guys are right, this thread has gone on too long, more like thread sucked out to sea than thread drift.
My apologies.
Flying Hi, you are welcome to the last word if you want it. I'll leave it at that.

Last edited:
That's not saying a whole lot, using that rational you could defend Paris Hilton as a superstar, and what about those people who got divorced with all the kids and had a reality show? Being popular in America is not necessarily something to be proud of.

Am I getting on your nerves yet?

You just described Obama.

Like Dan said, popularity doesn't make you smart.

Wal-Mart is popular. I suggest you visit www.peopleofwalmart.com.

I typically enjoy Rush and Hannity.... albeit I'm a strong pessimist when it comes to politicians. Popularity attracts idiots and blowhards. Politicians are the epitome thereof.

You too. Obama's only claim to the White House was his personal popularity which has nothing to do with his qualifications, policies or veracity.

Last edited:
I bet Acorn brought in far less for the left than the churches brought in for the right. Just sayin...

How many churches have been convicted of multiple instances of voter fraud?

Latest resources

Back