AirWis & United

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

atlcrjdriver

With AirWis parting ways with UAL for US Air, is there any word on who might be picking up all the flying the will be left behind? They do allot of flying out of ORD and IAD that will be prime for Skywest or CHQ to pick up as Air Wis shifts A/C and crews to the US Air side.

Fly Safe...:cool:

The flying was initially awarded to SkyWest and G*Jets. MESA may get some, until UAL exits CH11. Then quality of service becomes important again. Watch UAL dump MESA again, just like they did back in the 90's.

Rekks

Everybody keeps saying that UAL will drop Mesa because of poor service. I wish they would. But customer service is long gone at United. Its all about the $$$$$. So I think Mesa will probably become the second largest UALexpress carrier.

SkyWest and Blow-Jets in ORD, Mesa and Republic/Shuttle in ORD and IAD.

Count me in, just need date and time.

And to the uninitiated, a word of advice: You might not want to use the phrase 'parting ways' to an AWAC pilot concerning UAL. We were not the ones who wanted to end the relationship, UAL was. And of course the excuse was that we were too expensive.

I guess we'll see how expensive G*Jets is for UAL when they cancel flights due to lack of crew. Word is that they are having a VERY difficult time filling classes.

Rekks

Don't mean to sound stupid here, but I am new to these forums..but...Who is "G*Jet"?

By the way tattoo13 is gay! :)

G O JETS!!! Sucks. Do a search plenty of info on here. Career Killer airline.

Sioux115 said:
Everybody keeps saying that UAL will drop Mesa because of poor service. I wish they would. But customer service is long gone at United. Its all about the $$$$$. So I think Mesa will probably become the second largest UALexpress carrier.

You're probably right, which is why I have no faith in UAL's continued existence. The morons in management at all companies need to realize that the most important equation in business is as follows:

Good Customer Service = Repeat Business = $$$$$$$

There are only a few ways for an airline to differentiate itself from other carriers:

1. Price (and see where that race to the bottom in fares got them?)
2. Schedule (Bankrupt carriers typically can't afford to maintain an extensive schedule and cut back. Plus, on regional routes, RJs can't support as many flights to smaller cities as cheaper turboprops could.)
3. Customer Service (Long ignored or paid lip service only by the majors. This is a key ingredient in the success of Southwest and Jetblue who do not have schedules as extensive as the majors.)

Latest resources

Back