• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran's XM

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I first I thought it was a joke, then I thought.." Would our guys be stupid enough to pay Mr Rainbow money so we could let Disney off the hook with the Faaar Right?" Then I knew that answer, fact IS stranger than our marketing department.

Doesnt XM have some adult radio stations? why not promote that aspect of XM, throw on some hot swimsuit chicks in bikini's, that would for sure attract pasengers.

I was thinking we should paint them like the "Back in Black" album cover with a huge AC/DC logo. That would be cool and make us appear more manly.
Do you even know what AC/DC means?

Why do all Airtran threads end with a discussion of rock bands?
And why have you ended the last two with no discussion of the greatest rock band ever . . .Led Zeppelin?

Well, I guess it beats having "Fitty Cent" on the side, but not by much.

Gregg Allman is a Georgia boy, that would have worked, or the Black Crowes, or R.E.M., or someone else that had a connection to the South. Ray Charles would be A-OK, too. . . .

I think we should probably count out Lynyrd Skynyrd, considering their spot in aviation history, and the same goes for Buddy Holly, Ricky Nelson, and probably another half-dozen on that list.

If you guys insist on turning every AirTran string into an "AirJam" thing, cast my vote for some of the "jam bands" like Widespread Panic, Government Mule, String Cheese Incident, etc. and just let Van Hagar die, already.

Hey, "Aerosmith" would look pretty good on the side of a 737!

Last edited:
I heard the Sir Elton jets are from now on only going to be used on ferry flights. TW, can you confirm or deny this latest development?

Well, I just spent the day flying the rainbow coalition around the
US. My day started when I was greeted with the larger than life picture during my walkaround at "oh my God it's early." My day hasn't been right since. Ridiculed at all 4 airports. Some net even knowing who's face it was. The only thing that could've made it worse was having David Bowie or Michael Jackson painted along side of Elton. Oh and get this. Our plane didn't even have the XM installed!! RIP OFF!! One last thing, we kept the same jet all day. Thanks, Tad. BTW Dizel8, still love our girl!! Why couldn't she be painted on our jets?

Don't let on to the Company how humiliating it is . . . we're in negotiations . . . . it'll become a bargaining chip.

Or maybe they'll use it as a disciplinary tool . . . . . sort of an 8-foot tall dunce cap. . . . screw something up- get "Elton'ed" for a week.

"Hey, Man, what happened to FL717? He was driving Elton last week!"

Latest resources

Back