• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtrans new Midex offer

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If everyone at Midwest favors the TGP offer then why has your ALPA MEC rescinded their support of management. I know a few guys at Midwest and all say they want Airtran. They said they are sick of the stagnation at Midwest. Things must not be so great there if many Midwest pilot prefer being acquired. It is pretty rare when pilots see a takeover as a positive rather than a negative. Airtran will grow Milwaukee and Kansas City with large jets not 50 and 70 seat RJ's. Airtran tried RJ's and said they were non-profitable. Northwest just created Compass. 70 seat jets at crap pay. It shall be interesting if TGP get the deal. Feel bad for the Midwest guys tho.

Obviously JL does...

The man's smart about business, no two ways about it. I don't like the move, but I'm not an MBA graduate with airline management experience and a proven track record for profitability in the worst of times.

If he says it's worth it, I gotta believe the man.

Our contract is another issue... That's management trying to get the best value out of US, and up to US to get the best working conditions possible without "breaking the bank".

Because their senior management has NOWHERE to go where they will make anywhere NEAR what they're making now.

They're protecting their jobs, and I personally expect the Midwest Board to say "No" to JL based on the closing price of the AAI combined with the cash to still be lower than TPG/NWA's all-cash offer while secretly loving the idea of remaining in control with their salary/benefit package.

I believe this saga will continue to run for a bit, and if NWA gets MEH, you can bet on initial small growth through RJ's, then some draconian rules put on MEH's operation as to not threaten NWA, a few tweaks here and there operationally to start showing some profit (fuel sharing is going to be a nice savings to their bottom line in lower fuel costs), then IPO it later down the road, but guaranteeing MEH doesn't grow much bigger than they currently are now and guaranteeing MEH can't compete on any of their prime routes.

Been there, seen that, have the t-shirt.

C'mon Lear,

Quit the Forklift Joe lovefest.....What about his failed attempts at PIT, or MDW, or buying ATA......yeah, he's brilliant, you're right.....or maybe his engine change procedures.....yep, what a genius!!

Your "profitable" stretches included a net profit of (DRUMROLL).........ONE MEEEELION DOLLARS.....not just once but 2 quarters, Count em.........yep, he's a smart guy......just barely eeking out a profit while the main competition was pulling Waaaayyyy back.......You had me "the man's smart about business..."

You are smarter than that......Wishing for a merger as a pilot (being the buyer OR buyee), is just plain stupid.....

Hey Bill, don't get me wrong. I've spoken out against this merger several times - I personally would rather merge with Frontier with their international route structure as a nice starting point for our own international expansion.

But with almost everyone except SWA and the freight boys in the red the last 5 years, I'll take ANY profit as a sign of a financially-sound company.

Not putting him on a pedestal, just saying he's obviously seeing something I'm not with Midwest.

C'mon Lear,

Quit the Forklift Joe lovefest.....What about his failed attempts at PIT, or MDW, or buying ATA......yeah, he's brilliant, you're right.....or maybe his engine change procedures.....yep, what a genius!!

Your "profitable" stretches included a net profit of (DRUMROLL).........ONE MEEEELION DOLLARS.....not just once but 2 quarters, Count em.........yep, he's a smart guy......just barely eeking out a profit while the main competition was pulling Waaaayyyy back.......You had me "the man's smart about business..."

You are smarter than that......Wishing for a merger as a pilot (being the buyer OR buyee), is just plain stupid.....

You work for, Delta? Hmmm...let me see, home of 7.5, Delta Express, Song, CRJ's as far as the eye can see, Ch.11 Delta? Thanks for the money making advice. I do like your new paint job.

You work for, Delta? Hmmm...let me see, home of 7.5, Delta Express, Song, CRJ's as far as the eye can see, Ch.11 Delta? Thanks for the money making advice. I do like your new paint job.

Kharma, Where in any post have I written that I like my Mis-management??? No advice issued here, We're kinda like cheering for our kids in the special olympics, but after the race, they are still a retard.

If you want a debate, bring something relevant to the table.....

Hell, we painted an airplane Pink for Breast cancer, which fits, since we're run by a bunch of Boobs......

Hey Bill, don't get me wrong. I've spoken out against this merger several times - I personally would rather merge with Frontier with their international route structure as a nice starting point for our own international expansion.

But with almost everyone except SWA and the freight boys in the red the last 5 years, I'll take ANY profit as a sign of a financially-sound company.

Not putting him on a pedestal, just saying he's obviously seeing something I'm not with Midwest.

Good points, you are absolutely correct............that "smarter than that" comment was meant to be taken as I know you said stuff against Joe and the Merger before.......it wasn't a dig on ya........me ripping on Joe was.........

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back