• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtrans new Midex offer

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When I lived in Minnie, I found that people there thought that the South was like "The Dukes of Hazard". They didn't want ANYTHING to do with it.

Nu
:rolleyes:
Yet all those loyal Minnesotans keep filling our "General Lee's".

based on yesterday's closing price TPG still has a better offer than AAI. AAI's deal is only worth $15.95/share as of yesterday. the rednecks can have their "general lee"s, just remember that general sherman will wake up from his grave and burn atlanta to savannah down again if you tick him off enough.

just remember that general sherman will wake up from his grave and burn atlanta to savannah down again if you tick him off enough.
Ummm,,, and that's a bad thing WHY?

;)

You keep thinking the Confederacy lost... maybe they just deliberately antagonized the North to let YOU come down and clean house for them...

Just a thought. :D

I don't understand the point of this. If Air Tran wants to grow, then grow. Get some airplanes and start service to new cities. Why would you force a merger on someone who doesn't want it? Do they really think that is good for business?

On the other hand, if it is something that Midwest stockholders want, then why is their management fighting it?

I don't understand the point of this. If Air Tran wants to grow, then grow. Get some airplanes and start service to new cities. Why would you force a merger on someone who doesn't want it? Do they really think that is good for business?

On the other hand, if it is something that Midwest stockholders want, then why is their management fighting it?

its simple really. have you ever had something you did not want to give up but was pressured to do so by your parents, friends, etc? same thing here on both sides.

Obviously JL does...

The man's smart about business, no two ways about it. I don't like the move, but I'm not an MBA graduate with airline management experience and a proven track record for profitability in the worst of times.

If he says it's worth it, I gotta believe the man.

Our contract is another issue... That's management trying to get the best value out of US, and up to US to get the best working conditions possible without "breaking the bank".

Because their senior management has NOWHERE to go where they will make anywhere NEAR what they're making now.

They're protecting their jobs, and I personally expect the Midwest Board to say "No" to JL based on the closing price of the AAI combined with the cash to still be lower than TPG/NWA's all-cash offer while secretly loving the idea of remaining in control with their salary/benefit package.

I believe this saga will continue to run for a bit, and if NWA gets MEH, you can bet on initial small growth through RJ's, then some draconian rules put on MEH's operation as to not threaten NWA, a few tweaks here and there operationally to start showing some profit (fuel sharing is going to be a nice savings to their bottom line in lower fuel costs), then IPO it later down the road, but guaranteeing MEH doesn't grow much bigger than they currently are now and guaranteeing MEH can't compete on any of their prime routes.

Been there, seen that, have the t-shirt.

Airtran was going to get 80 737-700s in 5 years. There is no more growth opportunity in ATL, since the gates are full. They need to put those new airplanes somewhere. They tried DFW, and that didn't work. There is room in MCO I guess, but they haven't announced anything big there yet. I do see a lot of new LAS redeyes planned (ROC--LAS is one of them I believe). They have to do something with the new planes, and MKE could take some right away, after getting rid of the MD82s and MD88s.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back