• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtrans new Midex offer

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Please......lets just walk away from this mess. I was happy when we dropped the whole thing on Sunday but now.....

MEH will accept this offer when the Packers get bought out and move to Alabama......

I thought Joe said a few days ago "that's the final offer". Now he's back. I guess Airtran absolutely needs Midex to survive. This has been going on for 2 years. If I were a stock holder of AAI, I would sell or ask the board to have CEO and CFO fired. JL is likes herpes, no one likes it, and it keeps coming back.

Now they are just blowing money. They must be desperate. $445 million for a $75 million dollar company.

Sometimes it is better to just swollow your pride.

Folks you need to understand that this is so much more than $445 million. First thing, AirTran needs a midwest hub. You may think $445 million dollars is a lot of money, but when you consider how much it would cost to try to start a hub in STL or IND on our own, this purchase is just a drop in the bucket. It would cost billions of dollars to bring a new hub to 200 flights a day. When you take into account marketing, slots, establishing routes, and competition. It is cheaper to buy a hub than to create one, and less risky. The average pilot may think it is a lot of money, but with the cash Midwest has and the slots in LGA, and DCA it is probable not. Trust me, we wouldn't be having this conversation if they didn't think it was worth it. Without this merger, there will probable be an attempt at Frontier. If that doesn't work, I believe the for sale sign could be on the lawn in Orlando.

This must of come out of left field today. Our VP of flight ops told a recurrent class just today that it was important that we had our limits and were willing to walk away from the table. I guess he's a bit out of the loop, eh

Great move! Now Joe can justify his reason for not agreeing to pilot raises - he is now OUT OF CASH with the incremental offer... Kill two birds with one stone - CLASSIC!!!!!!!

NWA/TPG is not going down without a fight. They will either raise the offer above AirTran's or they will convince the board to just accept their offer as is. AirTran is fighting a losing battle....had they come out and offered straight cash like TPG we may be talking about another story but cash/stock is much risker to the shareholders. Let's not forget that 2 days ago the board voted 9-0 so now AirTran has to convince their own board members to change their vote. Going to be an interesting few days ahead.

Classic!

You've got a computer and internet access. Did you search Texas Pacific Group?

It's much more fun to strike fear into the gullible then investigate the facts.

Or... It could just be that JL and BF are forcing the price up because they know how important MKE is to NWA.. They could be sitting back and laughing and just driving the price up so that NWA pays way more than they need to... This is a classic poker game.. Who's bluffing, who's gonna flinch first? Hell, this is way better than Texas Holdem.. These guys are playing with real money.. But, remember this, MEH is worth more to AAI because AAI plans on expanding MKE... ITs an investment for AAI, but its only a desperate defense for NWA.. Either way, AAI comes out ahead.. Either they bet MEH, or AAI.. Besides, even if this doesn't go through for AAI, the rumors for F9 have been going around for a long time..

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back