• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.
  • Logbook Pro for Apple iOS version 8.1 is now available on the App Store. Major update including signature endorsements and dark/light theme support. Click here to install now.

Airtran

jimcav

Total Time
Ride The Lightning I like the name bro. Sounds like an old school Metallica fan to me.

doer42

Total Time
6000+
but you don't have to pay for a type!

CatfishVT9

Anti-Democrat
Total Time
???
Well, make sure you compare apples to apples.

There is no reimbursement for a hotel, but you draw regular first year FO pay during training (70 hour min). I don't know about every other airline, but I know JB pays $2500/ month (last year's rate anyway) and Pinnacle doesn't pay anything during training.

But we don't get the free laptop.;)

brownie

Total Time
how sad when u compare pinnacle to airtran. plus pinnacle pays during trng

DCitrus9

Son of a son of a sailor
Total Time
>12K
To be fair, AirTran does pay for a hotel in training. What they do not pay for is a hotel while you are in your base, which is Atlanta for all pilots. If you do any training in a city other than ATL you will have hotel provided. As long as we only have one base they can get away with this.

fletch717

Total Time
where
Pinnacle pays 21 per hr and pays hotel. 24$ second year.

AirTran pays 42.50 per hr. no hotel. 56$ second year.

I'll pay for my hotel for 4 weeks for that difference

OffHot

Total Time
8000+
At SWA we have the no hotel for Dal Based pilots also during trainning, but for initial hires, all hotels are paid for, plus you get paid for 1st year pay.

Ty Webb

Hostage to Fortune
Total Time
11000+
When I was hired at AirTran, my class trained in Miami. We were provided a rental car, a townhouse, per diem, and a paid travel day each way between events (if you went over your guarantee, which we did).

When training is in ATL, however, you provide your own accommodations. Not a biggy in the scheme of things.

mnboyev

Total Time
I got a free sticker....

FL717

As the World Turns
Total Time
What?!

mnboyev said:
I got a free sticker....

You got a sticker?!

Where's my sticker? I didn't get a sticker.

This is total B.S.!

Thats it..... I'm calling the Union.....

717pilot

Total Time
16500+
FL717....1-800-get-a-life!! How you doing man? STICKER? " I dont need no Stinkin' sticker!!!" A sticker and 35 cents gets you a cup of coffee at Dennys!!

D--N IT JIM!!

Phaedrus

Total Time
GMT
I got a cool whistle with a built-in light! And some pretty good training, as an aside :)

say again

I love her ARSE!!!!
Total Time
I'm still waiting for the interview!!! But heck, I'd take the sticker at this point .

mnboyev

Total Time
Free lunch from the Union... Is it still Mexican ?

asaflyer

Total Time
a few
When I was in training back in the spring I paid $300 for two months in a crashpad that was only 5 min. from the training center. Hotels are nice to have but it's really not worth that much of a fuss. We don't provide it, big deal. The cockpit in the 717 makes up for it. P.S. I still haven't gotten around to changing the name.