• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran would consider merger or carve out

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Maybe they will just sell some assets that SWA is interested? That way SWA can buy the assets without taking any personnel. Air Tran will get the money they need and SWA will get the assets without any of the problems.

Wow... George M (from ATA) right here on flight info.

Whatever the motive, when management signals that they may break up the company don't get mad at the bidders take aim at management. SWA, like every other competitor will still be fighting for market share. Pissing at SWA will not make what management said go away.
Ummm... that's not what he said. :erm:

SWA will be flying into Atlanta soon enough, it is just a matter of whether it will be to ATL or another unnamed airport in the area.

Yeah, Macon, GA is ready for you guys! Go for it! Or are you talking about Paulding County airport to the NW? The 6000 ft runway with absolutely nothing around it? That would be a great fit for you guys. Try LBB and MAF nonstop from there----pure PROFIT! Other than that, unless you get the Airtran gates, it is doubtful SWA will get much at ATL. Sorry Y'all.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Yeah, Macon, GA is ready for you guys! Go for it! Or are you talking about Paulding County airport to the NW? The 6000 ft runway with absolutely nothing around it? That would be a great fit for you guys. Try LBB and MAF nonstop from there----pure PROFIT! Other than that, unless you get the Airtran gates, it is doubtful SWA will get much at ATL. Sorry Y'all.

Bye Bye--General Lee

So you're saying there's a chance?

Ahhh, San Juan. I can't wait to do international ops. How many ETOPS do we need?
What if our passport is not up to date?

I hear Volaris is going to do ALL of your future INTL routes, and even the San Juan route (not even INTL) because your own management doesn't trust you cowboys. West Texas and ISP are more your style. That will be FANTASTIC for the Volaris guys.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General =

I hear RJ's are eventually going to do ALL of your domestic routes, and even the Canadian and Mexico routes (barely even INTL) because your own management doesn't trust you rednecks. Seems landing at the wrong domestic airport several times years ago hatched managements plan to keep you guys from embarrassing the Company further here in the US. I guess Europe is more your style -- all that time to study the arrival routes/airport to make certain you land at the right place. This plan will be FANTASTIC for the ASA/Comair/Skywest/etc guys.

But really, even though you're giving away ALL that flying you still get to overnight in places where the dollar doesn't go very far. What a bone-us! Fantastic.

Last edited:
General =

I hear RJ's are eventually going to do ALL of your domestic routes, and even the Canadian and Mexico routes (barely even INTL) because your own management doesn't trust you rednecks. Seems landing at the wrong domestic airport several times years ago hatched managements plan to keep you guys from embarrassing the Company further here in the US. I guess Europe is more your style -- all that time to study the arrival routes/airport to make certain you land at the right place. This plan will be FANTASTIC for the ASA/Comair/Skywest/etc guys.

But really, even though you're giving away ALL that flying you still get to overnight in places where the dollar doesn't go very far. What a bone-us! Fantastic.

That's actually NOT the case. RA, the DL CEO, stated in the last conference call that more RJs were being parked. DL is bringing back mainline planes that were parked in the desert, and DL may even hire sometime in the near future. If you want to get an app, go to IEATCORNDOGSINLUBBOCK.com and print one out. Then, in your best cursive handwriting, write an essay about why you want to "expand your horizons past West Texas" in 3000 words or less. Also, it needs to be in Red ink, with the T's crossed in blue ink. Go for it! Good luck, it will turn out FANTASTIC I bet.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
General =

Don't forget landing on taxiways.

Latest resources

Back