• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran upgraded on consolidation outlook with Southwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Only if the FO in question is a complete whore.

Possibly not, looking at hourly pay:

SWA 5th year FO: $119/hr AAI 5th year CA $120/hr

SWA 6th year FO: $122/hr AAI 6th year CA $124/hr

I could see it equaling out, if anyone cares.

Sorry, but this is driving me nuts. I used to work for ValuJet years ago, not ValueJet. Continue...................

Last edited:
You know, if you had personally known someone on that flight, say, the CA or the F/O who fought a battle all the way to the ground that, unbeknownst to them, was going to kill them and every single person on the aircraft because some cheap piece of sh*t would try to circumvent the cost of shipping O2 generators that weren't completely depleted and save a few bucks, I doubt you'd be bringing it up.

People lost their lives.

Have a little respect.

You know, if you had personally known someone on that flight, say, the CA or the F/O who fought a battle all the way to the ground that, unbeknownst to them, was going to kill them and every single person on the aircraft because some cheap piece of sh*t would try to circumvent the cost of shipping O2 generators that weren't completely depleted and save a few bucks, I doubt you'd be bringing it up.

People lost their lives.

Have a little respect.

Please disregard if this comment was not directed to me. Why do you instantly think that by bringing up my old company, I am trashing it? I worked with great people, and we endured many months of the FAA probing our ops. In the end, ValuJet shut down operations in Nashville and we lost our jobs. Small price to pay due to many lives lost. I enjoyed my time there. I know many of you will think of ValuJet as the airline that had the crash, I think of it differently.

As far as me bringing it up, Valujet has been mentioned in this thread numerous times. ValuJet merged with AirTran and dropped its name due to the mud that had been slung at it by the FAA and press.

Sorry if you felt there was ill will.

RB, wasn't for you, it was for our "friends" who keep bringing it up in a negative context to either disparage our pilots, maintenance, or the company in general.

Only if the FO in question is a complete whore.

PS., "Critter" went out when you were still in diapers, and your mother was looking at all the neighbors, trying to figure out where your misshapen head and pitifully tiny genitalia came from.

Actually, a complete whore would make closer to 180000. Been a whore before.

I still say whatever, it ain't going to happen but I am posting so there could be a chance albeit a slim one.

PS., Talk about genitalia, you ain't got any.

A sub-contractor intentionally mislabeled and loaded as COMAT a box of o2 generators on a DC-9 back in 1996. As a result the aircraft caught fire, (due to no fault of Value Jet) crashed and all perished. Now 121 aircraft are required to have fire detection and protection installed.

wasn't that subcontractor a function of value jet/air tran trying to cut corners by finding the most incompetent, cut-rate service possible, without regard for its competence?

"Due to no fault of Value Jet?" Are you kidding me? Value Jet sold the ticket. Value jet is responsible. Nice rationalization, though.

If it wasn't Value Jet's fault, then why are you Air Tran now?

So please, let's not get into this game of whose company has deposited more airframes across the landscape due to crew error, mx error or whatever reason.

I find Tanker Clown to be a rather poor reflection on our military as well, with no chance of getting hired anywhere....but you're wrong on this.

I know a bunch of mil guys who have been hired everywhere (legacy, cargo, fracs) with a fraction of the time their civilian peers have.

So I'd say the industry, or at least the hiring departments, aren't too worried about mil guys "depositing airframes across the landscape" as you arrogantly stated.

Last edited:
wasn't that subcontractor a function of value jet/air tran trying to cut corners by finding the most incompetent, cut-rate service possible, without regard for its competence?

"Due to no fault of Value Jet?" Are you kidding me? Value Jet sold the ticket. Value jet is responsible. Nice rationalization, though.

If it wasn't Value Jet's fault, then why are you Air Tran now?

Don't worry or be ashamed where you work, please tell us, you're among friends!

Latest resources

Back